Which 15x binoculars are the best at the $1500 range?

PAS

FNG
I sold my Kaibab 15x56 binos a while back so that I could upgrade to better glass. I do not have a Cabelas nearby to try out the Meopta/Euros or the Zeiss Conquest. Can you tell me what the best 15x binos are in the $1500 price range?
Thank you for your time.

Rizzy

WKR
Used slc's or meoptas...

+1

I just went through the same decision last week and ended up getting the Meoptas at Cabelas.

I tried the Ziess, Meopta, SLC, and Kiababs in the store. The Meopta and SLC where really close with the Ziess and Kiababs a step under. The SLC where better when looking into a dark corner of the store, this is where the jump in price exists, IMO. At the sale price the Meoptas are the best value for me and marginally less clear in the dark than the SLC. If I'm hunting in a really low light situation, I most likely will have my 8X anyways. The 15x are more for scouting.

neverquit

WKR
As for new I'd say the zeiss.
But if there no retail stores around you to try a few out put out a post to see if there are any sliders in you area with a model you'd like to try out in person. Maybe a little get together and try a few side by side.

OP
P

PAS

FNG
Thanks for the input. I have been going back and forth for a while now.
Also, how do you think the Porro Doctor 15x60 stacks up with the?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have the Meopta's and the only complaint I have is that their adjustable eyecups don't have any locks for any position. I use them about half way out for best sight picture and it's hard to ensure that they stay there or that I can get them exact on both sides. As for the glass, they're great.

I went through them all. The Vortex were definitely under the rest. Euro HDs and Zeiss were very comparable, I ended up with the Euros. I felt like the Swarovski SLC and Leicas were better, but significantly more expensive. I'm still loving the Euros.

Zbot

WKR
You can get into a pair of used swaros at that price point. Unless really beat up, glass is one of the few things you should always buy used unless a gift or smoking deal.

WRO

WKR
Thanks for the input. I have been going back and forth for a while now.
Also, how do you think the Porro Doctor 15x60 stacks up with the?
I'd like to check some out and evaluate them, they do weigh about a 1 lb more than the meopta or swaro...

HookUp

WKR
You can get into a pair of used swaros at that price point. Unless really beat up, glass is one of the few things you should always buy used unless a gift or smoking deal.

Keep an eye out for Demos as well. After the SHOT show contact dealers and ask about demo shipments. Eagle optics, camera land, euro optics and others carry them from time to time and winter is prime time.