Where to hunt

chindits

WKR
Sadly, we had our folks haul out about 750lbs of trash from the Weminuche this summer. People are slobs and it infuriates me.

I thank you. A thankless job for sure as are all those trail crew projects that most of us never realize are occurring. I appreciate your efforts. When I see the remains of coolers and soda cans in the middle of the Wilderness, I just shake my head and know where other user groups get their impressions of hunters.

To be honest, I don't mind doing it. I get exercise and the ability to practice carrying a heavy load out. Besides, I can also scout while at work.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
It doesn't matter. Almost all of Colorado holds good elk numbers. Pick a unit, study maps, get in shape, study maps, shoot your bow, study maps, did I mention study maps? If you do your homework before you leave you will save yourself tons of time. I would also highly consider a boots on the ground scouting trip. Burn into your A, B, C, D spots and look them over prior to season. Immensely huge for non-locals.