What’s you’re draw weight vs Age

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve just recently got back into bow hunting at 39. I noticed pulling 70lbs is a little different now lol. Plan on getting back into my weights and making that pull more manageable with practice and weight lifting. Really wanting the extra velocity/energy on my elk hunt this year. As long as I can comfortably draw 70 I won’t drop down, but time will tell…

My question is. What is your age and how much weight do you draw?

39/70lbs

34/70.
I had my entire shoulder/scapula rebuilt about a year before I started bow hunting. Once I purchased my bow, I had to have it set to 48 pounds and over about 6 months of shooting every day got to 70. Practice a lot before this upcoming season and you'll be fine.

nobody

WKR
29/68.5

I've shot all the way up to 75, but my PSE shoots best at 68.5 lbs draw weight. Any lower or higher by more than a half pound and the groups open up. I think most people overlook that aspect in an effort to get to a higher draw weight, especially with guys like Cam Hanes and Joe Rogan telling them they need to shoot at least 80 to kill anything effectively. Let the bow tell you where it wants to shoot, and then leave it there.

38/70

I will soon be backing down to 60 pounds. Having a lot of tuning problems with my current setup at 70 pounds. I backed it way down the other day and I noticed that a lot of my problems went away with the reduced draw weight.

Besides, 95% of my shots are under 30 yards or so anyhow. I think shooting more poundage just causes more issues with holding the bow, ect ect...It's amazing how much longer I can hold a bow by reducing the draw weight by 10 pounds....

M-Wig

Lil-Rokslider
When I started as a teenager I pulled 80 pounds. Because that's how you strut around the bow shop. Plus, I shot giant aluminum arrows. Now I'm 40 and I think the current set up is at 60lbs.

CCooper

WKR
37/78 RX-7 with 80lb limbs- 80-82 was a little much. My RX-1 and RX-4 both are maxed out at 72 and feel the same as the RX-7 @ 78 to me.

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider
40/70lb

Shoot that bow everyday and before you know it 70lbs won't feel tough at all.

Recently began shooting traditional. 50lbs recurve was kicking my butt. Been shooting everyday and it's already getting better.