What's your total weight upfront?

100 insert
150 broadhead.

250 total.

A longer insert with a built in collar would be ideal. I know it would be a pain to machine. A one piece insert with a collar seems like it would act as a footing and the collar would prevent mushrooming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 insert
150 broadhead.

250 total.

A longer insert with a built in collar would be ideal. I know it would be a pain to machine. A one piece insert with a collar seems like it would act as a footing and the collar would prevent mushrooming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it would just delay the inevitable, and more likely make subtle mushrooming hard to see and catch before you get wobbling arrows. I typically only see mushrooming when my insert is crooked, or I've shot the hell out of the arrow. I typically keep 3 arrows that I only use for practice to keep my hunting arrows straight and solid for longer.

For my Satori set up for hunting I am slinging 275 up front. It consists of a 100 gr. brass insert and a 175 three blade VPA or a 25gr Easton 6.5 insert with a 250 gr. Cutthroat. No collars used ever if I am worried about the front end I foot it with a half inch of aluminum shaft.

Back