What's your most accurate hunting rifle?

So I'm curious how price plays into accuracy. My assumption is that its minor relevance.

The rifle should be of the hunting class, say less than 12lbs.

So I my most accurate is probably my tikka 22-250, I haven't taken the thermal off it to shoot a groups with it, but sighting in, she's sub 1/2 moa.

What's your go to tack driver?

Ps, second choice might possibly be my ruger american g2

OP
coyotekilla
Its a varmiter, .75 at the muzzle, haven't pushed it past 3 shot groups. I did however completely disassemble the rifle, remove scope, removed the rail, threaded the muzzle, reassemble, and hit the same 1" target @ 100 yards.

Off the shelf a savage 243 that I bought used for like $300.

My savage predator 308 I bought for $600 something and then put a $300 criterion barrel on is probably most accurate. It was right up there before the barrel change.

TBH if you can shoot 5 shots in 1 moa with a rifle you'd need a mighty solid/probably unrealistic field rest to notice much better than that hunting.

sdupontjr

WKR
Browning A-Bolt in .243. Been that way for 35+ years.
Exactly !!!

1994 Browning Abolt II Medallion 7 mag with Boss system with the old 1:9.5 twist. Still the queen of my safe. I do have several Tikkas that shoot very well also, but this old baby still shoots great.

Exactly !!!

1994 Browning Abolt II Medallion 7 mag with Boss system with the old 1:9.5 twist. Still the queen of my safe. I do have several Tikkas that shoot very well also, but this old baby still shoots great.
1996 Browning A Bolt II Stalker w boss .270 Win. Went head to head against a Cooper, Christensen, and a Forbes, and came out on top and went to BC with me last year for my stone sheep hunt:
Browning 270.JPG

silicon77

FNG
Tikka. I have one in 300wsm and it's by far my most trusted gun for taking game at distance. Less accurate? I don't think so. For my money it's an extraordinary gun out of the box.

Off the shelf a savage 243 that I bought used for like $300.

My savage predator 308 I bought for $600 something and then put a $300 criterion barrel on is probably most accurate. It was right up there before the barrel change.

TBH if you can shoot 5 shots in 1 moa with a rifle you'd need a mighty solid/probably unrealistic field rest to notice much better than that hunting.
Same here, Savage Axis .243, but got it on Walmart clearance for $185. It seems agreeable with various bullets and loads. Next or equally accurate is a Browning X-Bolt Hunter. Also have a Remington 700 from the early 80’s, 30-06, that shoots great.

Hondo64d

Lil-Rokslider
So I'm curious how price plays into accuracy. My assumption is that its minor relevance.

The rifle should be of the hunting class, say less than 12lbs.

So I my most accurate is probably my tikka 22-250, I haven't taken the thermal off it to shoot a groups with it, but sighting in, she's sub 1/2 moa.

What's your go to tack driver?

Ps, second choice might possibly be my ruger american g2
Zermatt Origin in MPA chassis with one of my Bartlein barrels. .22GT shoots the best but the 6.5 Creedmoor shoots very well.

John

Same here, Savage Axis .243, but got it on Walmart clearance for $185. It seems agreeable with various bullets and loads. Next or equally accurate is a Browning X-Bolt Hunter. Also have a Remington 700 from the early 80’s, 30-06, that shoots great.
Mine is an older model 110 blind magazine. The action is actually a long action not a short action. Axis should shoot the same on average.

Decker9

WKR
If I was going to pick one to guard my life with and accuracy was a must, I’d have to take my lighted up T3 6.5 swede. Even my full customs, im not sure shoot as consistently accurate as my swede.

The tikka I don't own.

In reality, all my rifles shoot adequately the same. For me, all I care about is being able to hit a 3" circle at 400 yds "cold bore" first shot.