What's your elk schedule?

Hnthrdr

WKR
My first priority in Sept in killing a bear. If I can get one down before the 20th (I have 8 days set aside), i'm going to help a friend on the 20th-24th and then again on the 27-28th.

My tag is 1st rifle which is Oct 12-16th. I'll be out there from the 9th-18th to make that happen.
Got a bear tag initially then grabbed an elk tag, so bear will take a back seat as usual, but I would love to tag one… good luck!

as many days as possible early in September. I have a work trip planned for the last 5 days of September, but will return early October to help my 10 year old with his first ever elk rifle tag!!

For the first time in many years, work has come into my September window. It could be a lot worse, but my ability to time the weather, etc is out this year. I have no choice, all in from the 2nd until the 14th, and that's all I got. That second week should get me into some bugles hopefully. I feel bad for my partner, as elk hunting is his year.

What is your elk window look like this year?
I have the 31st through the 10th, then the 13th through the 27th. I saved as much vacation as I could all year and unloaded it all in September. Will be heading out today to get to my spot and get settled in, and the fun begins the next morning. I have about a 4-6 day circuit around a unit on the Oregon coast that I’ll make over and over until I come across the right bull on the right day that’s pissed off or curious enough to come into bow range.