What's the right thing to do? Shipping Costs.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
It really sucks for the other guy that he didn't work at it or think about it or ask at all.
Shouldn't be your responsibility to fix his problem.

CB4

WKR
Pirate ship is awesome. Not to mention, you have the ability to compare the prices of USPS and UPS.

A buddy of mine asked me last week what I thought it would cost to ship him a bow, so I logged into Pirate Ship, typed in his address and the (estimated) box dimensions and weight... $16.50
Pirate ship is the only way to go! Sent a sight yesterday and with $300 of insurance was still less than $10 for two day shipping.

I'd chalk it up to a learning lesson also. I sold a pack on here a couple years ago for $150 bucks, shipping was $80. I was shocked they charged so much and I probably should have checked around before shipping but it is what it is. I wasn't going to go back to the buyer and tell him how much shipping was, thats on me.

dtrkyman

WKR
Just used Pirate ship myself, easy peasy and didn't step foot in a post office! UPS was cheaper as well in my case.

Well, the guy had the integrity to go ahead and pay the additional cost because he was good on his word and followed through with shipping the goods. Tough lesson on him for sure. However, not too many people out there with any integrity anymore. I would have probably sent him some additional money to help offset the expense, for just that reason.

SloppyJ

WKR
Well, the guy had the integrity to go ahead and pay the additional cost because he was good on his word and followed through with shipping the goods. Tough lesson on him for sure. However, not too many people out there with any integrity anymore. I would have probably sent him some additional money to help offset the expense, for just that reason.

I'm with you, obviously it's not on purpose. I'd throw him $25 or so.