What’s the best wild game meat?

NRA4LIFE

WKR
If we go to the sea, fresh Dungeness cooked at the dock the morning it was caught is one of the best things you can stuff your face with. Fresh fried razor clam diggers another great treat. Fresh pan fried yellow perch another.

My top favorite is Billy goat. I had very low expectations trying it, but it ended up being my favorite. Second to that would be Dall sheep.

I’d have to say moose is my favorite. Definitely rich in flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd have to say moose or Axis deer different flavor and texture but both equally delicious and tender. I also love pronghorn as long as the field care is done right it's right up there with the other 2. Do it wrong or wait to long to skin it and cool it properly well it's still edible anyway.

f16jack

WKR
Dall sheep for me. But it was flavored from the hunt that day, over coals, with a nice bottle of red wine. The experience made the meat great.

f16jack

WKR
I've had folks say they hate antelope, and other say it's the best meat they've ever had. My experience has been that much of how the meat tastes is dictated by what happens to the animal before and after the shot.

Scenario 1. You've been chasing an antelope for several hours, and finally catch up and drop him. He is hot and full of adrenaline. So you gut him and throw him in the back of your pickup on a 70 degree day, where he sits for hours or more until you get back home to skin and quarter. This antelope will taste like crap.

Scenario 2. You see an antelope feeding and with a proper stalk drop him without him even realizing you are there. You have him quartered and on ice within 20 to 30 minutes. This antelope will taste great.

Same antelope. Either kept good or ruined by the hunter's methods.

Lwarner03

FNG
Man, variety really is the spice of life here, and I really love antelope right now and also teal and widgeon… and goat… but if I could only pick one for the rest of my life it would be deer, personally.

Yoder

WKR
We caught a couple Trigger fish on a party boat last year. Those were the best fish I have ever eaten. It's like a cross between fish and crab meat.