What's the best pack...

...for flatland whitetail hunting where boning out the deer in deep is a possibility, weight of the pack is a concern as well as comfort?

Lawnboi

WKR
What i really want to get for that purpose is a kifaru spike camp legacy or late season legacy w/ UL stays, and a few pockets. All in coyote brown with some lash straps and a grab it for holding a stand. Would be perfect.... next year i will have one hopefully. Can you tell im dreaming of this pack already

And it will double as a weekender/day pack for when i make the move to the west.

Between the above mentioned and my T1 i should have just about any situation i will ever get myself into covered. no more packs after that for a long long time.

Outdoorsman3830

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my hands on a Blacks Creek Remedy 7 Solution. I'm really impressed with the frame so far. They set me up with a custom waist-belt to fit my 28 inch waist. Its very similar to the Mystery Ranch NICE frame, but uses stiffer aluminum stays and no center vertical stay. The frame is 24 inches long verses the 21 inch frame on the NICE frame. It offers a great fit, not as comfortable as some other packs due to the stiffer frame and higher density padding, but it has the potential to handle some serious loads more comfortably than those that are more comfortable under lighter loads. I'm heading out Sunday night for a 10 day backcountry bowhunt going after mule deer in Central Idaho. I should get a real solid feel for the Remedy 7's performance then.

JG358

WKR
What about a DT3?

Im thinking about using a cargo panel and 2 KU LPs. One for gear, one for my water bladder. I can't bring myself to buy s DT3 bag to go with my DT1 bag. DT1 packs to nothing and goes big enough to haul more than I can carry.

Im thinking about using a cargo panel and 2 KU LPs. One for gear, one for my water bladder.

Exactly what I did. EMR frame with a cargo panel and 2 KU LP's. I got 1 top zip and 1 side zip..... skip the side zip. Hauls meat, stands, deer decoy and even kids :)

OP
Brandon Pattison
Im thinking about using a cargo panel and 2 KU LPs. One for gear, one for my water bladder. I can't bring myself to buy s DT3 bag to go with my DT1 bag. DT1 packs to nothing and goes big enough to haul more than I can carry.

Hmmmmm. Food for thought. You don't mind all of the straps and what not hanging off of it for treestand hunting? ...or... Do you remove the DT1 bag and just attach a few bags for minimum weight?

JG358

WKR
Lol...Im scared of heights, What's a tree stand?

I'll pull the bag off and just run with the panel and LPs. Even with the bag on and compressed all the way down I just wrap the straps up so they don't dangle all over the place.

Fit comfort, carry comfort, and all around best packs made are KIFARU. There is not a pack made that can compare!!!

A boned out deer will carry comfortably in most packs. I like Badland's Hypervent for deer hunting. Very comfortable and light pack. Also, it will save you a few $$$

If weight is a concern. Kifaru KU packs are the way to go. Amazing packs!! The KU 3700 would be perfect. Cinches up so small when not fully loaded and feels like a feather.

Here is a KU 5200 used on a recent elk hunt. Very light pack, but can carry loads when needed!
DSC_5041.jpg