Whats the best of Vortex?

Duh

WKR
I have the gen 1 LHT razor 3x15 with the bdc reticule. I’ve beat the hell out of it and it hasn’t had issues with losing zero. Can’t say the same as my leupolds.

OP
MuleyFever
Please don’t hurt me…

This is my 3rd year of HARD use with zero issues. Never had to re-zero, never had a dialing issues, nothing but perfect performance
Well, they cant all be bad. Its just about the % that fail I guess.

A lot of traditionalist will say no, but honestly their glass is very clear. Clarity almost better than most of the alpha company cause price point and their warranty and customer service are great as well.

Not a top dollar optic so don’t expect the world out of em

JNDEER

WKR
Do they make anything that is actually good and reliable and can compete with the Alpha companies?
Alpha is alpha- nothing competes with alpha except for other alpha.

Good. The cheap diamondbacks worked just fine for the cost, had a diamond scope never had an issue, went to a viper hs scope with the dial aftermarket nob. Lots of dings and nicks in that scope with zero issues . No idea how it stacks with a direct comparison- never needed to buy another yet to compare it.

Had an issue with the ranger rangefinder. Readings Beyond the 3 yards. Sent in and they sent me a new one that now reads dead on with my more expensive Leupy.

Lots of haters of vortex- I personally have not had any issues other then with the original ranger rangefinder - no issues since.

jimh406

WKR
They aren't alpha priced, so no they aren't as good. They also build a lot of different levels of products. I find the Gen 2 Razor HD spotting scopes very good. I have two and I use one almost every day. However, the Razor line does approach alpha prices unless you buy them at a discount. My wife's uncle has a Viper spotting scope and the difference is very noticeable even without low light.

I haven't tried their binoculars or rifle scopes. I only buy Leupold for my hunting rifle scopes for the past few years. I switched to Tract Toric binoculars a couple of years ago. I also use them pretty much every day and find them very good including at low light. I may try one of their rifle scopes.

As far as X brand failing, all brands can fail given enough abuse. I've hunted with very cheap, as in $20 rifle scopes. Yeah, it was a few decades ago. I've never had a scope fail from any price range. But, I'm not someone who is hard on equipment.

If you are hard on equipment, by all means find a brand that can hold up to your use. However, glass quality isn't going to get better from use. I you want better glass ... you have to start with it. If that's alpha, get out your wallet.

TN2shot07

WKR
I don’t think I’d compare it to top tier glass. I had a pair of diamond back binos that I passed down to my little brother, still going with no issues. I have a viper 2.5-10 that I like, never had an issue since it was zeroed (not dialing with it). It’s awesome that they have such good customer service but I still think it’d be worth taking a small step up in quality to avoid needing it so much

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
I’d put the quality of the Vortex LHT 3-15 on par glass quality wise as a Zeiss Conquest V4…add in its a bit lighter weight and comparable price point to a 4-16 illuminated, I’d call it upper mid tier…about 5 years back, I briefly had a vortex viper hs for a grendel build but ended up returning it as I thought the Nikon Monarch 5 I picked up was slightly better at a similar sale price (compared a Nikon Monarch 3, 5 and the Vortex Viper at the time as they fit the need value at that budget…I’d have ranked the Monarch 5>Viper HS>Monarch 3…all were close)

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
I have the fury 5000 and while they might not have the greatest glass, I’d bet you’d have a hard time finding a better rangefinder. Also have a razor spotter and think it’s pretty solid

I own a Vortex laser rangefinder that has been going strong for 8-9 years. I bought it because of the warranty and having had a few others die. this summer I found a pair of like new Diamondback HD binos in a pawn shop for $80. I leave these in my truck all the time. If they get stolen it will not hurt. The glass is very good for a cheap pair of binos. No they are not as good as my Swaros ,but at 1600 plus cheaper they have earned the truck bino position.

Kurts86

WKR
I’m not a fan of Vortex but I really like my Vortex Razor LH 1.5-8x32. It’s a great little scope and is nearly perfect for Eastern deer hunting and they killed it off. The glass quality is approaching alpha quality and it has to be with a 32mm objective.

I have been using a PST 2 and an AMG for 5 years now. I haven't had any issues with either, yet. Alpha? No. Gets the job done nicely though.

FLS

WKR
I’ve got two Razor LHT 3-15’s I’ve been using since they came out. Zero issues. The Razor 1-6 is probably the winningest optic in 3 gun by a wide margin. I always shoot limited or heavy, but my buddies used them hard without any issues. Same for the Razor Gen 2 4-27. There are a ton of them getting used in PRS and Tactical style matches. I’ve personally never seen one fail.
I believe a lot of the Vortex “ failures“ are bullshit people parrot after reading it on the internet. I doubt most have ever owned or used a Vortex optic of any kind. They sell a ton of optics. Even if the failure rate is very low it could still be a significant number.

Diced

WKR
I use the 10x42 UHDs as my primary bino. They're pretty nice overall, really can't say anything bad about them. The glass is about as good as it gets and if I ever smash them I have their warranty obviously.

With vortex you can get amazing value if you buy used or when they go on sale, but the retail price on some of their stuff is too high IMO.

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
I have a crossfire 3-9 that's killed more than a few deer. It's on a .308 that I use in the east. No dialing, but it's held zero for the past decade.

Marble

WKR
I have the Razor spotting scope. It's pretty good, but it is a distant second to my Swarovski. I do have a problem with the eye piece on it currently. Just needs to go in to be fixed.

I also have several vortex scopes on some hunting guns. None have failed, all have performed as expected. They are reliable, and all of them have held their zero.

They just aren't great scopes. Their OK. Glass is mediocre.

On my guns I take on the hunts more important to me, I choose other brands.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Seems like there's love or hate for Vortex and not much in between. For me, I may have just had some bad luck. I can say that about other top company's stuff too.