Pen
Parachute cord
Zip ties
Nitrile gloves 2 pair
Trash bag
4 lg game bags

Mosby

WKR
I killed a nice bull last year but wasn't happy with my kill kit. So I have decided to re do it. New Kifaru pull out ordered and will be re-evaluating and weighing everything that is going in.

jt4

WKR
I killed a nice bull last year but wasn't happy with my kill kit. So I have decided to re do it. New Kifaru pull out ordered and will be re-evaluating and weighing everything that is going in.

Ok I’ll bite. What weren’t you happy with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
Ok I’ll bite. What weren’t you happy with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The kill kit bag I used was a Granite Gear bag and I only get four quarter bags into it. I had to put the tenderloin and backstops into quarter bags along with neck and rib meat. I want to bring smaller bags for the backstop and tenderloins and another for the neck and rib meat but need a larger bag for the kill kit. Some people don't care but I like to take out a smaller load on my first trip, get rid of my weapon, coats and extra stuff in my bag and go back for the quarters. I'm getting old.

The nitrile gloves I brought ripped early on. That is the second time that has happened to me. Going to find a better brand of gloves. I had to hang some of my quarters in a tree and had to skimp on the rope because I brought a hank of rope I had previously used from my prior elk kill. Need fresh rope and more of it. Brought a small pocket knife to cut my tags etc., put it down and wasted time looking for it when I was working on the elk. It is leaving the kill kit. Plastic I brought to put elk quarters on to keep them clean was too small.

They are the major issues.

watican

FNG
Gloves, zip tie, pen, 550 cord, havalon, benchmade steep country, cheap allen backcountry bags, all vacuum sealed in a neat little loaf.

specneeds

Lil-Rokslider
Writing it down for elk season makes me think it’s too much. Replaceable blade knife in the bino harness in case I need to drop my pack. Buck skeleton handle skinner,caper, boning knives, heavy plastic 50 gallon bag, 4 synthetic game bags caribou brand, About 15’ of rope, para cord wrapped around a drink bottle, small sharpener, plastic bag with plastic gloves in it. I sometimes carry a small saw but it’s the first thing left out. Loved my hatchet but long gone for weight savings. Could probably drop a knife, the rope for more cord & gloves but not much weight savings.

Sled

WKR
Ski mask, duct tape...oh wait, you meant elk hunting. 🙊
I carry a small cut of tyvek wrap, outdoor edge razor pro knife, 20' of para cord, gloves and bags. This year it's argali. The last two dozen animals were with tag bags. I'm interested in the added features but otherwise tag bags were fantastic.

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Outdoor Edge 3.5" with 3 extra blades
Buck RMEF 673 fixed blade
Black Ovis Game Bags

I would like to add some nitrile gloves and paracord heading into this season!

nphunter

WKR
Kifaru UL bag for kill kit
Black Ovis Bags
Benchmade Steepcountry (Original)
Outdoor Edge (Replaceable Blades)
Work Sharp Field Sharpener
550 Cord 50'ish
Flagging
Old zip-close wallet with tags and license in it
Pen to fill out tags