(((((( What's in your pack?)))) ((((( List all the NON HUNTING Items.. )))))))))

aggieland

WKR
Ok Folks, make a list of what gear your take on your hunts that are not auctual hunting items. No calls, bows, arrows, releases, guns etc.. Just the gear you use to hike with, camp with, etc .. pack, boots, cooker, tent, etc etc etc.. lets see them.

OP
aggieland

aggieland

WKR
Anyone with Excel list etc please post them even if they do contain hunting items.. beginners can really use this info.. I know several guys that are searching for list like these as we type this.. thanks

I am just going to give a general list if you don't mind.

1. Kifaru Timberline
2. Kifaru Supertarp
3. Kifaru Slick 0degr
4. Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad
5. MSR Mini Pocket Rocket
6. MSR Titan Kettle
7. Jetpower 100gm fuel
8. REI long Handle plastic spoon
9. Tin foil
10. Paracord 100ft
11. Small roll of duct tape
12. Headlamp Petzl or Crooked Horn Trail light
13. Toilet paper
14. Vibram Five Fingers or various brands of hiking shoes
15. Mummy shaped tyvek to lay under sleeping mat

That's all I can think of right now that is not hunting related, and keep in mind that the list will probably change quite a bit as far as particular brands or temp ratings depending on where and what time the hunt is to take place.

OP
aggieland

aggieland

WKR
[email protected] Very good list above, I pretty much have mine down pat but I really enjoy seeing what others carry and it will help my hunting partners decide on what gear they need for the upcoming seasons etc. Thanks again everyone!

I do have a spreadsheet I made that organizes the gear I plan to take and does ounce calculations and such. I can email it to anyone who would like to see it.

I posted this over on another thread here, but it gives an idea of what I take and why...

It's easy to come up with a long list of stuff to pack when you make up a packing list. To keep mine small I have started putting down just the basics first and then thinking hard on what I will actually need/use once I get there. The basics are a pack, a sleeping bag and sleeping pad, something to cook on, something to eat and drink, my survival/emergency gear, a minimum change of clothes, and my hunting specific gear. Everything else is a luxury, but we all like to take some luxuries with us.

Pack: KUIU ICON 6000

Shelter: Shangrila-5 (sometimes with nest or bucket floor if it will be buggy or wet)

Sleeping System: TNF Cats Meow with fleece liner, Thermarest inflatable pad

Water: hydration bladder in pack, 1-2 lightweight plastic water bottles, aquamira tablets, coffee filters

Cooking: JetBoil PCS with can of fuel, long handle spoon from an old MRE, some paper towels for clean up

Survival/Emergency Gear: my standard survival kit and FAK

Hunting Gear: binos, extra bow string, knife

Clothing: rain gear, an insulating layer, one extra shirt, one extra pants, two extra socks, what I actually wear in (base layer, shirt, pants, socks, etc.)

OP
aggieland

aggieland

WKR
Larry I would love to see that excel list. I think I might have used it last year when organizing my stuff. Can't remember what site I found the one I used at, seems like it was bowcast.com maybe. Anyway, My email is listed above. Thanks

bowinhand

WKR
Modified Badlands 2800

3ltr platty/camel bak quick connect/32oz Nalgene

BA Copper Spur 2 tent

REI Radiant +10* down bag

Z-Lite pad

BA IAC pad

Hiker Pro filter

Soto/GSI cook set/fuel

REI long handle spoon

Baby wipes

First Aid/Survival Kit/Gorilla Handy roll duct tape

Map/Compass

Food per/day

Tag/weapon/binos/

headlamp

Game bag(s)

Contractor Trash bags

50' 550 cord

Gerber folder/Havalon Knife/Ink pen/zip ties/flagging tape

Extra pair merino socks

Merino wool base layer bottoms

Insulation Layer

Rain jacket

Beanie

vest w/windstopper

Gloves

I'm probably forgetting something but I think that's the base list of what I'm actually packing in.

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
My gear list is constantly evolving. I haven't updated my spreadsheet in a while, but it has all my sleeping bags, tents, packs, optics and what not. So I just slect the yes if I am taking it and it gets tallied to the total. Can't figure out how to attach excel files in here, but I'll try to convert it to word so you can atleast see it.

keep

Lil-Rokslider
Here is what I have so far for my goat hunt in BC. I may trim some or add a tad more. This is everything I will take, including what I'm wearing up the mt.
I'm going to start a thread and ask suggestions on it later tonight and see if I can get some input from the experts

I can't get the excel doc attached, what am I missing?

G Posik

WKR
keep I am not sure I tried to attach an excel and pdf neither worked for me. I emailed my list to aggieland.

Glenn

griffinw

FNG
i am always looking for some help on what to pack since i am fairly new to back country hunting and looking at the best options for packing if i could get a list emailed i would really appreciate it. [email protected]
thanks