What's for dinner?

hunterjmj

WKR
Just seeing what everyone is cooking up?

It's nice to try new things and see what others are cooking. We seem to fall into a rut sometimes and cook the same stuff.
We cook Pho about once a month then can it so we can have it once a week. Beef bones are the usual but I tried with chicken legs last night and it turned out great. Good way to use drumsticks in a different way.

IMG_1649.jpeg

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Chicken Divan tonight. Something a little different if you've never tried it. Please don't ask for a recipe as my wife just throws a bunch of stuff together and it is great. Leftover chicken, broccoli, cheese and a sauce made from mayo, sour cream, curry powder and salt an pepper I think.

Edit: I was just informed there is some cream of mushroom soup and extra mushrooms in the sauce also.

Last edited:
OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
Chicken Divan tonight. Something a little different if you've never tried it. Please don't ask for a recipe as my wife just throws a bunch of stuff together and it is great. Leftover chicken, broccoli, cheese and a sauce made from mayo, sour cream, curry powder and salt a pepper I think.
I looked it up. Looks good. I just started eating chicken about a year ago. I use to work in a butcher shop and chicken was just nasty but I've overcome the nastiness of chicken. I usually do Buffalo wings on the bbq but drumsticks go on sale for cheap so I'll pick up a pile.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Sunday Night: Coues deer backstrap with vegetables from the garden.

Monday Night: Beef tenderloin from my cousins steer. Salad from the garden.

Tuesday Night: Spaghetti with spicy venison sausage thick red sauce. Salad from the garden.

Last Night: Homemade crockpot stew with big stew chunks from my cousins steer. Poured over whit rice.

Tonight: Bacon wrapped, ground venison/cream cheese stuffed bell peppers from the garden. These are going on the smoker in about an hour.

Tomorrow Night: Local sushi place celebrating anniversary!

grfox92

WKR
Im not cooking it right now but I've been on a big Mississippi Pot Roast kick lately. I've found if you do it with a venison roast, or more then one roast to make weight ratio of a beef recipe, it's a great way to enjoy some tougher or less desirable cuts.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
Im not cooking it right now but I've been on a big Mississippi Pot Roast kick lately. I've found if you do it with a venison roast, or more then one roast to make weight ratio of a beef recipe, it's a great way to enjoy some tougher or less desirable cuts.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
Can you share the recipe?

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
Ramen and Mac n cheese. Lol my wife is out with her mom and sister celebrating her sister’s birthday. I have my 3 kids and 2 of her sisters 3 kids. SIL’s kids are both under 4 and she took her 1 yr old baby girl with her. 🤦🏼‍♂️🫣🤪
We do Mac n cheese for the kids some days. My folks made me eat whatever was for dinner and generally I do the same but some days I make them Mac n cheese.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Ramen and Mac n cheese. Lol my wife is out with her mom and sister celebrating her sister’s birthday. I have my 3 kids and 2 of her sisters 3 kids. SIL’s kids are both under 4 and she took her 1 yr old baby girl with her. 🤦🏼‍♂️🫣🤪
My boys go nuts over the Annie’s brand, white mac and cheese. When it goes on sale I buy everything the store has.

Last edited:
OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
We hit up the Oxen Yoke bar for food every once in a while and they do have the best White Mac n cheese. The kids love it. Great place if traveling central Montana.

We keep it simple with Kraft. 🤣 I even made some ramen for me. Two packs all smashed up. Water boiled out and then add some butter and salt. Skip the seasoning packets and add spaghetti sauce and grated cheese.

I didn’t expect to be a bachelor tonight with my SIL’s kids too. Kinda one of those asking/volunteering my services things. Not volunteering by me by the way! We had some injected, smoked, and sliced thin pork to go into some Navajo frybread with roasted green chile and bbq sauce planned but that went out the window when I walked in the door!