What Whitetail woods will 2024 take you to?

Pilarczyk85

Lil-Rokslider
Northeast OHIO is my stomping grounds. Most private land. But my brother and I are trying our hands at PA rifle opener this year so pretty stoked to get to hunt with him and in a new to us area.

I will be primarily hunting from November thru February at our private land lease in AL. Its hilly timber land with hardwood drains. Very diverse as pines are different ages and clear cuts of different ages. Lots of edges to hunt.
I will spent a week hunting in NW Ohio as I been doing for 30 years. Private farm land in Ohio. For years we hunted in Southern Ohio in Wayne but hunting got good up north where the guys there live. Plus are all getting old and the walk in hunt in the National Forest was getting a lot for us. I loved hunting the big timber in Wayne. But every dog has his day.

wytx

WKR
Kind of wish it would be in the woods.
We'll be hunting private in open country but a creek bottom and hay meadows.
Just some willows and scattered trees for cover.
Have some decent bucks around right now but they tend to leave by mid Oct or so.
Our access is limited to bow season and after the family hunts elk in early Oct.
The WTs do utilize some state lands nearby too so we have that as well.

Here in Wyoming I should have added.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Annual meat trip to Minnesota is a nice mix of woods, swamps, and farm field hunting. It's one of my favorite hunts because you can choose the type of hunting you want to do that day. 800 yard shots in a farm field, 30 yard ambush shots in the woods, or stalk through the swamp and practice stalking skills and quick target acquisition shots.

It's also the best opportunity to see what different bullets and cartridges do to big game animals as the deer up there near the Canadian border are big fatties. We get one buck tag and unlimited doe tags every year, plus you can party hunt in that unit and share tags.

I'll also be chasing whitetail bucks in Mexico this winter (coues). Won't be woods at all on that trip unless you count endless mesquites, oaks, palo verdes, and iron woods as "woods" haha.

7RemMag

FNG
PA public land, as always.
What part of PA? I was born and raised in Northcentral PA(Tioga Co.). Moved to Wyoming 2 years ago.

I was fortunate enough to grow up hunting the last parts of my great grandfather’s old farm and some of the neighbors. The public ground around there was always pretty slammed in rifle season, but I know of a fella that seems to arrow a decent buck every year in archery season.

Mosby

WKR
Central Pa. Public land, State Game Lands & State Forest.
We'll be hunting in North Central PA. I sold my land up there a few years ago but I grew up hunting PA State Game Lands. He got married and moved back east, so I need to go back and show him around, so he knows where to go and how to hunt it. I'm looking forward to it.

Archery22

FNG
We'll be hunting in North Central PA. I sold my land up there a few years ago but I grew up hunting PA State Game Lands. He got married and moved back east, so I need to go back and show him around, so he knows where to go and how to hunt it. I'm looking forward to it.
Never hunted North Central, most of my hunting is around old Mid State airport. I live about 3 miles from the airport along Rt. 504, along Moshannon state forest.

Yoder

WKR
What part of PA? I was born and raised in Northcentral PA(Tioga Co.). Moved to Wyoming 2 years ago.

I was fortunate enough to grow up hunting the last parts of my great grandfather’s old farm and some of the neighbors. The public ground around there was always pretty slammed in rifle season, but I know of a fella that seems to arrow a decent buck every year in archery season.
Pike county. My grandfather used to own a cabin about 20 minutes from my house. I've hunted the public land here since I was a kid. I think PA gets better every year. We are seeing way more mature bucks than ever. Public land gets hit pretty hard here, but it really depends on where you hunt. Archery season, you hardly see anyone during the week. Rifle is bad opening weekend and Saturdays and that's about it. We have killed some of our biggest bucks in the second week of rifle so It's not nearly as bad as people think. I just went to Montana for the first time last year for a vacation. It's just awe inspiring out there. I can see why so many people are moving west.

Public land around where I live now in the Catskill “Mountains” of NY, Thanksgiving I go back home to Buffalo NY area and hunt with friends/family. Might try PA flintlock season this year since I live about 15 minutes from the border