what was your backpack last season?

gelton

WKR
My "custom chopped" dt1 has been with me the last three seasons and still going strong. The new frame is tempting but unnecessary as this combo treats me just fine.

Xtreme007

WKR
2015 exo 3500. Liked it but wanted to try a Kifaru

Sold Exo and ordered a new Kifaru UL 26" frame with cargo panel, guide lid and few pockets. Going a add a camp bag soon. Really loving this setup so far. Just been using it on a few short hikes so far but can't say enough about it. Awesome setup for my style

G5Archer

Lil-Rokslider
2015 exo 3500. Liked it but wanted to try a Kifaru

Sold Exo and ordered a new Kifaru UL 26" frame with cargo panel, guide lid and few pockets. Going a add a camp bag soon. Really loving this setup so far. Just been using it on a few short hikes so far but can't say enough about it. Awesome setup for my style
Can you post some pics of your setup? I'm gonna be ordering a new pack soon and was also looking at setting up a cargo panel and pockets as well.

Last edited:

tttoadman

WKR
SG Solo with XTL or long hunter lid. I just picked up a Terminus off the classifieds. That should drop some of my hillbilly bags off on long outings with the SG. I finally got a proper belt for my old Gen 1 Duplex. I have a MT warrior bag on it already. Been putting miles on the treadmill. I finally feel like I have some options so I can see what really floats my boat.

I have had the SG since 2013 and totally love it. The Kifaru is definitely bulkier to wear, but I can really see the weight carrying ability and hip comfort now that I have the correct belt.

It all gets used at my house. Whatever I am not using gets stolen by my brother or my kid.

Mtnboy

WKR
Stone Glacier Solo

636613ee8a3b494ff9caf9376f804e8f.jpg

Hind quarter, backstraps, all butchering tools, Stihl 026

34cbd21f9ea6be76ddb1077aae16367f.jpg

All day hunt gear, spotter, tripod etc. 4 mule deer quarters and all cut meat.

Lots of heavy and comfortable miles yet again this year!

oldgoat

WKR
26"Duplex with Nomad, Long Hunter Lid, Grab It II and various pockets. Bought my wife the new 22"UL, and Cargo Panel, really liking her setup, I might pony up for that frame if the over time is available this year. And save my duplex for backup and my step son to use if he gets into elk hunting with me and his mom.

mt100gr.

WKR
UL Duplex, Mountain Warrior, and guide lid. This set up was plenty capable for camp and animal packouts. Even late in the year when single digits demanded quite a bit of extra gear. I think I am going to try the Argali, however, as I don't mind the extra space and it will save me almost a pound just on the bag. The Mountain Warrior is my first "one big bag" style pack and there were a few times I would have liked it a bit bigger.

Bmcox86

WKR
2014 EXO 3500 and a kuiu icon pro 1850 with just suspension for quick day trips. Picking up a duplex from another member on Thursday to pair with highcamp 7000 for longer trips and for packing in my float tube to a few lakes. Prefer the EXO over anything I've owned so far though.