What trail camera would you recommend?

Oregonboy

WKR
I need at least 3 new trail cams and with Black Friday happening, it seems like now is the time to buy. I'm looking for something dependable and no more than $120 buck per camera. Interested in cams with an SD card, not really looking for the wireless ones that send pics to your phone. I'm sure those are cool, but that's not what I'm after right now.

Any brands or models I should consider? Anything to stay away from?

thank you!

Zdub02

WKR
I've had great luck with Browning Strike force camera. Great trigger speed and can be set with high quality resolution pictures. I believe I paid right at $100 for mine but it's been a while. I've used cuddeback, muddy, and moultrie in the past and browning has been the best for me. They can be finicky with SD card formatting so be aware of that.

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
Brownings here as well. I have 14 of them. The first 5 have been in the field for 6 years straight. Still going strong. I get the security boxes right away they help with the weather and unwanted hands on them. Get python locks off Camofire you’ll be set

I do have 2 reconyx. They are next level on performance. Better be for $500

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
Gardpro A3. Read the review in the link at Trailcampro. This camera is a steal at its $70 price point and comes with a two year warranty if purchased from Trailcampro.

BWlongbow

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Browning Spec Ops Elite HP4 trail camera. It has a black out infrared flash that animals do not see. It has good video and pictures. Best of all it does not spook the animals.
Also I have a used the Browning Strike Force HD Max which has great video and pictures but the infrared flash glows red for a moment. On the videos I have seen where the red glows enough that the deer and coyotes see it and it spooks them.
I put the Browning Spec Ops Elite HP4 trail camera in the same location that I had the Browning Strike Force HD Max and now I am getting video and pictures of all kinds of animals.

Yep, Browning. I’ve been through plenty of all the other low and mid price point brands. The only complaint I would have with browning is that they seem to have a few more issues being picky about recognizing SD cards.

One more vote for the Brownings, Strike Force or Dark Ops line. As previously mentioned game seems to be more tolerant to the true black flash cameras. Everything I buy moving forward will be black flash, its a thing. Also before you buy make sure its a true black flash camera and not something they just put a piece of black glass on.
I've got about 10 of these and am pretty satisfied with them

You may want to wait a month or so. I have tended to buy whatever cabelas was clearing out after season and gotten good deals.

another vote for browning. My clearance strategy above has resulted in a mixed bag of cameras. The brownings have been the most solid of the bunch.

don’t forget lithium batteries if you run them late season. I have had a few battery leaks caused by cold that ruined a few cameras over the years.

Puppy

FNG
I have both Browning HP4 and HP5 Elite Spec Ops cams, best cameras I have ever owned especially in video mode.

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
I had a bunch of cuddy backs and they are so so , also have 2 black ops strike force and much better quality I feel for the cost

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Browning and apparently the guys that ran across my camera liked it to. Along with my wife's blind, her blind chair, buddy heater and a few other things. They did not see the cheap WildGames no thrills camera.

I have a Cabelas camera that has been out in the field for 8 years strait. All I do to it is change the batteries once a year and swap out the memory card.

I own a couple Spartan cams, don't get me wrong I like them but not the price tag. Both cameras have issues, one needs a new battery tray installed because of a broken wire and the newest one needs the power switch repaired. It will not go into arm mode.

I just replaced the stolen browning camera with a new micro
41ebf6de450dda433ae35e578ad36359.jpg
a27bc0b58fafeb9327f5d490c3dc7c19.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I like the Browning and apparently the guys that ran across my camera liked it to. Along with my wife's blind, her blind chair, buddy heater and a few other things. They did not see the cheap WildGames no thrills camera.

I have a Cabelas camera that has been out in the field for 8 years strait. All I do to it is change the batteries once a year and swap out the memory card.

I own a couple Spartan cams, don't get me wrong I like them but not the price tag. Both cameras have issues, one needs a new battery tray installed because of a broken wire and the newest one needs the power switch repaired. It will not go into arm mode.

I just replaced the stolen browning camera with a new micro
41ebf6de450dda433ae35e578ad36359.jpg
a27bc0b58fafeb9327f5d490c3dc7c19.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yikes man. Did you ever come across those scumbags again?