What to eat while truck camping

Cinnamon raisin french toast. Buy a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread, milk, butter, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix some milk and an egg in a small tupperware container, shake a little cinnamon and nutmeg in there, soak your bread slices and throw them in a pan with a little butter. Way easier than pancakes and just as tasty. Cleans up fast. Eating healthy is for the off season, live it up when you're on a huntin trip, life is short.
View attachment 532331

Man I'm craving those now lol. What's your ratio of milk to egg and how long do you soak it? I'm definitely adding this to my base camp menus.

Man I'm craving those now lol. What's your ratio of milk to egg and how long do you soak it? I'm definitely adding this to my base camp menus.
Here ya go! https://thomasbreads.com/recipes/thomas-french-toast I cut it in half and use 1/2 cup of milk and 1 egg when I'm by myself. I usually follow that up with sausage and eggs in the same pan. I love the non-stick pan, because I can just wipe it with a paper towel when I'm done.

Truck camping? I'm grilling Elk steaks or venison every evening and we're eating bacon and egg tacos every morning. It doesn't take much at all for a little grill. Potatoes don't need refrigeration, pastas or rice to go with them are easy breasy. I crack all the eggs in advance and put them in a huge shaker cup, just pour out and toss back in the cooler.
Are you peeling potatoes every day, or do you have something else figured out? I've heard about freeze dried hash browns, but never tried 'em.

Simple is the name of the game for truck camping... as others have recommended.. pre-make meals and vacuum seal and freeze, throw into a pot of boiling water. It acts as ice in the cooler, no dishes to clean, no mess and way better than freeze dried. My favorites are tater tot casserole, biscuits and gravy, lasagna, moose stew and a mix of beans, rice and taco meat wrapped in tortillas.

Are you peeling potatoes every day, or do you have something else figured out? I've heard about freeze dried hash browns, but never tried 'em.
I like the peel in mashed so never peel. We don't typically do taders though, wife does like to cube them up for hash browns when time allows. You can also just wrap them in foil and toss into the hot coals of the fire and leave them, pretty open time window there unless it's super cold and the coals die out quickly. There's always instant taders if you're not a purist.

For eggs I crack them all ahead of time and just carry them in a huge shaker bottle, shake up and pour out as much as you need at a time. No mess.

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
Well if it’s just 4-6 nights then just go for some tacos, pre-made meals, and canned tuna or whatever you like. A cooler and grill will obviously be a plus point and it can make things much easier for you and you can actually enjoy things like steaks etc.