What to do with a broken euro mount of a small buck

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I broke the right side of this small buck euro mount. I think it looks kinda neat this way but not sure how to make it work. It won't hang on a wall now but thinking of some kind of wauy to mount to a chunk of wood for a unique display. How would you guys work with this?

Broken deer skull.jpgBroken deer skull 2.jpg

Homer

FNG
Is it sentimental to you? If not I’d throw it or cut it up for dog chews. If it is I’d just leave it as it is or do a skull cap on it.

jayhawk

WKR
I don't think it looks too bad like that either. . . If you didn't like the look of it you could turn it into just a skull mount.
Maybe a block of wood with a slanted top and set the skull on top of it? Kind of like a pedestal mount.

Buy a mountain mikes reproduction/shed kit for 35$. Bullet wrecked skull plate on wife’s buck. They are not perfect but take 10 minutes to set up and look decent . 0200A978-AD46-4301-8AB2-0B365613D6D2.jpeg

E-Rawk

FNG
I took a super lopsided whitetail buck last year that wouldn't sit on any of the normal euro mounts I tried. I wound up ordering a TKMounts Euro Mount from Amazon. While it was overpriced, it's kept by euro in the same position for over a year now.

E-Rawk

FNG
I took a super lopsided whitetail buck last year that wouldn't sit on any of the normal euro mounts I tried. I wound up ordering a TKMounts Euro Mount from Amazon. While it was overpriced, it's kept by euro in the same position for over a year now.

Attachments

• 20220121_124822.jpg
    20220121_124822.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220121_124837.jpg
    20220121_124837.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 48

Marble

WKR
You can actually cut the horns off and put them onto another skull. My taxidermist does this for his skulls. He takes measurements of the horns to make sure they are positioned corre tly later, puts the skull in his bug pile and then reattaches the horns afterthe skull is clean.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Fitzwho

WKR
Euro2.jpg

Make a base like this and you can rotate the broken side of the skull away from view. I also have a mule deer that a follow up shot found his face, could have glued some of it back together, but it looks pretty interesting that way too. If the mount just fell and broke, a bit less interesting of a story.

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 484441

Make a base like this and you can rotate the broken side of the skull away from view. I also have a mule deer that a follow up shot found his face, could have glued some of it back together, but it looks pretty interesting that way too. If the mount just fell and broke, a bit less interesting of a story.
I’m liking that. Thanks for sharing.

Beaverdog

FNG
I just finished two white tail mounts that i mounted antlers onto outlaw skulls. Turned out awesome and was super easy to do, theres youtube tutorials on how to do it. They are a little pricy but the most realistic fake skulls out there imo.

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Different type of "fix"- what about cutting them off and turning them into rattling antlers?

WKR
kabashoutdoors.com I've used these skull hooks and they work great. If back is not busted bad, it should work.

bigeyedfish

Lil-Rokslider
The euro mount of my best buck fell and broke off a big chunk of the nose. I skull capped it, and I think I like it now more than I did before.