What time do all you geezers get up in the morning?

Work days I go to bed between 10 and midnight wake up at 5 or 6am. Weekend are a crap shoot. Last Saturday went to bed at 2 am was up at 8 am. 6 hour of sleep is all I need.
I'm not very good at going to bed if I'm having fun I do know that. Pisses my wife off. Lol

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Most everyone will say there's morning people and night people. I am neither. I like to go to bed early and sleep late. I really like sleeping half the day away. Sleeping is underrated.

Dogone

FNG
Got up early and worked late all my life. Now I go to sleep late and get up late. Occasionally see a sunrise and they are still the same as 50 years ago.

What time are y’all going to sleep? The only time I ever feel like getting up early is hunting season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m usually in bed by 9:00 pm after falling asleep at 8:00 in my chair. Usually wake up once around midnight take a wizz then go right back sleep the rest of night. I don't nap during the day so I think that helps me get a good nights sleep.

TN2shot07

WKR
Between 4-430 but I have to leave for work by 6. I haven’t used an alarm in years. I like to have time to drink a cup of coffee and breakfast, not just run out the door.

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't needed an alarm in years. I've been retired for two years now. In bed around 9:00 and always fall asleep quickly...... which drives the wife crazy. I try to stay in bed until 5:00, but at times its 4:45 or so. Haven't really had a good nights sleep in years. I also have vivid dreams during the full moon.....like now.

Crusader

WKR
I'm still working (but will retire this 31 August, yeah!), some days in the office and some teleworking. On nights before going to the office, I go to bed around 9:30 then get up at 04:30 (no alarm needed). On nights before telework days I hit the sack around 10:30 and then get up around 05:30.

I have found it nearly impossible to sleep past 06:00, no matter how late I stay up the night before. I'm hoping that after retirement, when I no longer have to get up on any day at 04:30 (unless hunting!), I can re-train my body to sleep another hour or two longer. I'm not optimistic about that, but we'll see...

2-Stix

WKR
I go to bed between 12-1am always been a night owl, I like when I get to get around 11:30 but never happens. I get up at 7:45am. I hate getting up early. I was cleaning rifles a few nights ago untill 3am. Ha.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
Usually 430-4:45… I’ve broken a few vertebrae so laying down just isn’t as appealing as it was

Alarm goes off at 3:30 Monday-Friday weekends I’m wide awake by 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bed by 10:30; up at 2:30-3:00 to pee; up at 6:30.

This cycle started in my late 50s. At 73 it isn't improving. There isn't anything like sleeping in anymore.

bz_711

WKR
work days 6:00 (work at 7:00)
hunting days 5:00
Summer time backpack rucks before work 5:00

But I have 4 teenagers in the house...I'm up way too late every night

On workdays go to bed between 9-10, up at 4:20, at work for 5:00. On days off sometimes sleep in till 7 but usually up closer to 6.

AKDoc

WKR
🥱 I'm sorry...what was the question?

---------
I probably shouldn't joke about sleep and aging...it's a reality for most of us that our sleep patterns do change as we age.

Answering the OP's question, for me, I'm pretty consistently out of bed around 6:30+/-, which has been my typical for most of my life. I do try to stick to a routine with my sleep and follow healthy sleep protocols (mostly), but I still notice that my sleep has changed as I've aged (71).

Last edited: