What suppressor are you running on your 6.5prc?

OP
bwp

bwp

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my Hydrogen 6.5 S, and have a 6.5L in jail. If you are wanting a K length can, then the hydrogen K might be the best choice ou
I’m signed up for some alerts on these. Can’t find them in stock anywhere.
OCL Hydrogen here, too.... before that , an Ultra7.
Noticeable upgrade?
I've been trying to find either the new Nomad Ti or LTi XC but everyone tells me they're 4-6 weeks out till they get them in. I'm still undecided on which one I think I want the Ti or LTi. The original Nomad Ti and LTi were really impressive cans so if these new XC versions are even just slightly better it'll be a win win. In TBAC's big test they did it looks like both new DA Nomad XC cans performed pretty well.
I looked at these as well. Wonder how close the sound reduction would be with this can or the hydrogen 6.5.

wesfromky

WKR
I’m signed up for some alerts on these. Can’t find them in stock anywhere.

Noticeable upgrade?

I looked at these as well. Wonder how close the sound reduction would be with this can or the hydrogen 6.5.
You looking for the K? Looks like they sent out a batch a couple weeks ago, and they said they only do these a couple times a year, so might not be any soon unless they up the production schedule.

Here is an S - https://www.blackanklemunitions.com/products/otter-creek-labs-hydrogen-s-6-5mm/

Reactions: bwp
OP
bwp

bwp

Lil-Rokslider

wesfromky

WKR
I’ll hold out for the K or go with a different suppressor.
Shows in stock, but I wouldn't wait too long to grab one if it is want you want. The ones at Silencershop sold out.

OP
bwp

bwp

Lil-Rokslider
Shows in stock, but I wouldn't wait too long to grab one if it is want you want. The ones at Silencershop sold out.

Sorry, I did mean the S length. How much of a difference in the S and K is there for recoil and sound reduction?

wesfromky

WKR
Sorry, I did mean the S length. How much of a difference in the S and K is there for recoil and sound reduction?
I don't have a K, so I don't know. From what I hear, K puts you on the edge or slightly over for reasonable hearing damage. For me, the extra 2" and couple of ounces for the S is worth it. But, there are a number of people that run K length for hunting. I just look at is as more of a "harm reduction" thing - if it is K or nothing, then K is better. But, S will put you closer to or under the hearing safe line.

OP
bwp

bwp

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have a K, so I don't know. From what I hear, K puts you on the edge or slightly over for reasonable hearing damage. For me, the extra 2" and couple of ounces for the S is worth it. But, there are a number of people that run K length for hunting. I just look at is as more of a "harm reduction" thing - if it is K or nothing, then K is better. But, S will put you closer to or under the hearing safe line.
I pulled the trigger on the S

MThuntr

WKR
Banish Backcountry...this is my only suppressor so I have no comparison but it seems to do ok. I do know it's not hearing safe but for hunting it will do. I think I'd buy a Hydrogen for it if I were to buy a dedicated suppressor.

I believe I'm going to continue to have 30cal tubes so I can move them to different rifles.