what spring food plot is best?

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
what's the best food plot mix you have used that you can buy from the store. I planted some clover winter wheat rye and sunflowers for one of my spring plots for a trial and error and to see how the deer like it I bought the seeds by the pound at a feed n seed store, but I am wanting a good pre packaged food plot mix for my other places Wich do you like best?? ( yes winter wheat rye will grow in the summer and the NC deer love it)

it’s hard to beat a good clover plot.. you can frost seed it and it’s relatively easy to maintain. Also provides a lot of protein and nutrition to deer and turkeys.

KenLee

WKR
Beans, peas, clover. Heck scatter some cheap corn seeds in also. Deer love sunflowers more than anything you can grow, but you'll need a fence around them for awhile if deer population is high

LostArra

WKR
I recently had the disk on my tractor and my neighbor asked if I would turn over a small patch of ground. He wanted a small plot for deer. (He doesn't hunt and knows nothing about "farming"). I disked the area and smoothed it with a harrow. He bought some plot mix off Amazon called Sugar Momma. After he scattered it I pulled a light harrow over it. Fortunately it rained soon after. That stuff took off and that plot looks great. I know nothing about Sugar Momma except it looks great in the ground.

OP
J

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
the mix I made is coming up real good the deer and turkeys love it other than the turkeys digging up the sunflower seeds it's really growing.