What non-hunting podcasts do you listen to?

The Kill Tony thread got me thinking, and I'm in need of recommendations anyway, so who better to ask than my fellow Roksliders? Between my job and commute I typically consume 8-10 hours a day of podcasts/music and I need some variety. It would be great if you could briefly describe the show or at least give a genre rather than just dropping a name.

I'm going to preface my list by saying that while I do listen to all these, it's not necessarily because I love all their views/beliefs/politics/etc., but that they're entertaining and may provide perspectives that I might not consider otherwise. Others are pure entertainment. I try not to live in too tight of a bubble. Anyway, my regular (non-hunting) listens consist of:

Rogan- anything and everything
Kill Tony- comedy
Shawn Ryan- military/intelligence/researcher interviews
Breaking Points- current events
Piers Morgan Uncensored- current events
Sword and Scale- true crime
Invisible Choir- true crime
Obscura- true crime
Predators I've Caught/Chris Hansen- true crime
Behind The Bastards- historical/true crime
Stuff You Should Know- educational
Financial Audit- obnoxious host roasts people about their irresponsible finances and builds them a budget to get out of debt

Besides those I typically find a comedian's podcast and pick a random episode. Tim Dillon, Matt & Shane, Theo Von, Your Mom's House, etc.

So, besides all the MeatEater stuff, Shoot2Hunt, The Hunting Public, etc., what do you guys like to listen to?
The joe rogan experience

DuckDogDr

WKR
Not much outside of hunting.

My favorite Hunting ones are
• Duck Season Somewhere
• Hunt Back Country

I listened to a few episodes of Shawn Ryan… but I think he is a snake in the grass and unfollowed him

I do like

• Is Genesis History
• Jocko
• Creation Podcast
• Alex Jones
• Joe Rogan
• Random Paleontology Podcasts

TAG22

FNG
I know you asked for Podcast requests, but I’ve recently filling my ears with audiobooks when I get through my go to podcast new listens. I have been listening to Cowboys, mountain men, and grizzly bears recently on Spotify. Good stories to listen to either on long drives or exercising!

OP
I

intunegp

WKR
I know you asked for Podcast requests, but I’ve recently filling my ears with audiobooks when I get through my go to podcast new listens. I have been listening to Cowboys, mountain men, and grizzly bears recently on Spotify. Good stories to listen to either on long drives or exercising!

I just recently learned that you can listen to audiobooks on Spotify but I definitely want to check some out.

TAG22

FNG
I just recently learned that you can listen to audiobooks on Spotify but I definitely want to check some out.
I am in the same boat. I found I would blow through new episodes of my usual podcasts … so when I saw Spotify premium allows access to audiobooks I started exploring there! A good audio book can take the place of a bunch of podcast episodes since they can be like 8 hours long!

Naaate

FNG
The Rest is History -"The world’s most popular history podcast, with Tom Holland and Dominic Sandbrook."
Indiecast - weekly rock music news & new album recommendations podcast
The Rewatchables- roundtable of people from the Ringer discussing movies they can’t seem to stop watching.
Trojan War the Podcast- a serialized telling of the stories that together comprise the epic story of the Trojan War.
F1 Nation- Race previews and reviews from the heart of the F1 Paddock.
The Explorers Podcast- The Explorers Podcast is about the greatest explorers and explorations in history.
Cover 3 - college football podcast (only in-season)

Tons of great recommendations here.

I'll add two podcasts I like for investing and one for politics/culture.

- Michael Berry Show - Conservative politics but he also spends a lot of time on entrepreneurship, music, food, culture, etc that keeps the show entertaining and not depressing like a lot of political shows. He has been substitute for Rush and now Clay/Buck occasionally.

- CNBC Fast Money (recording of afternoon broadcast on what happened each day in the market)

- Barron's Streetwise with Jack Hough - great weekly podcast with insight on market and CEO interviews

Also quasi-hunting related but I also like the MTN Tough podcast that provides a lot of info that goes beyond just hunting.

Uphill Athlete - lots of great training advice that’s applicable to hunters, too. Particularly western / high country focused hunters.

Peter Attia - easy to understand and digest health optimization without any political BS.

Big_wals

WKR
I like all of Simon Whistlers shows.
Spotify:
Casual criminalist- true crime
Decoding the unknown- kinda hard to explain? A podcast about the paranormal, but he’s a sceptic and mostly makes fun of it? It’s entertaining.

He also has like 12 or 13 youtube channels, not sure what they’re all called. I mostly listen on spotify.

The unsubscribe podcast
Creep cast
The red thread

I’m not sure the quota they allow you to listen to a month but I’ve hit what they allow with their subscription and have had to buy a few books now. Even paying for a book a week it’s been nice break up of my commute.

sodak

Lil-Rokslider
1. British History Podcast
2. History of the Germans
3. War on the Rocks
4. Philosophize This
5. Civil Affairs Podcast
6. DW Langsam Nachrichten
7. Net Assessment

OP
I

intunegp

WKR
never listened to a podcast except for short clips on stuff I was searching for info on...

901ftw.jpg