Votes: 28 17.9%
  • PSE

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 23 14.7%

• Total voters

CoHiCntry

WKR
Just bought a Mathews Helim. The creed was my #2 pick with the Hoyt spider a distant 3rd. The Helim just felt right...

Just bought a Mathews Helim. The creed was my #2 pick with the Hoyt spider a distant 3rd. The Helim just felt right...

Helium was my #2 with the Creed #1. It was almost a coin flip to be honest. The Bowtech Experience was a surprising close 3rd. Was bummed I couldn't try the Hoyt Spyder 30 and Vector 32 but your post makes me feel a lot better.

CoHiCntry

WKR
Helium was my #2 with the Creed #1. It was almost a coin flip to be honest. The Bowtech Experience was a surprising close 3rd. Was bummed I couldn't try the Hoyt Spyder 30 and Vector 32 but your post makes me feel a lot better.

I felt the same way between the Helim and Creed... coin flip. I would have been happy with either one. I shot several Hoyts too. They just didn't feel as good as either of the Mathews. That being said I did not care for the Chill. I would have went with the Spyder over that one. I guess it comes down to what feels the best, with everything you want in a bow.

Manosteel

WKR
Shooting the Mathews Z7 Magnum this year. Last year it was the Mathews MR7. The MR7 was an excellent bow and I grouped well with it out to 80 yards. i shoot some real big critters with it but I was not a fan of its back wall and it wants to jump out of your hand if you get fatigued from holding at full draw for a long time, minute or more. I like a super solid back wall which the Z7 has and the smooth draw cycle of a single cam. The Z7 just plain shoots for me. It feels great in my hand, balances nice and has the solid feel. (Compared to other bows its built like a tank but I like that) I shoot a lot and for reasons I can't explain, I shoot Z7 better than any bow I have ever used (20+ yrs in archery) funny b/c I never liked the look of the bow and didn't try one for years until this December. Real long distance shoots are breeze with this bow.

FYI - I replace all my grips on Mathews bows right away with a focus or shrewd grip. Can't stand their wood grips and if Hoyt has a real advantage over Mathews it is In the grip IMHO.

Still shooting my 06 Hoyt Reflex super slam. I really like the bow and just cant justafiy a new one and i just dont like how the parallel limb bows feel. I guess im just an old dinosaur lol. I may upgrade my sight to a single pin adjustable. My consession to the modern world lol.
Steve