Votes: 28 17.9%
  • PSE

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 23 14.7%

• Total voters

shaun

WKR
I dont know if after seeing results I can say I turned to the dark side or say I finally saw the light

Juan_ID

WKR
Juan!

Honestly skip the chill! It's a piece! Go more the direction if the Creed in the Mathews Line.
Well you can't just go on saying that without any kind of reasoning behind it! ;) I have shot both the Creed and the Chill and I definately liked the chill a lot more as far as shootability... So what's you're reasoning for calling the Chill a "piece?"

Mainly b/c I think that Mathews shot themselves in the foot with it. First off why would you build a $500 price point bow in your Mission line that is BETTER as a whole than its twin in the Mathews line at twice the price. I feel like the Ballistic has a better back wall, smoother more consistent draw cycle, and a great weight range to accommodate a greater variety of shooter.

The Chill is just a lighter Ballistic. I STRONGLY DISLIKE (HATE) the MR/MONSTER series from mathews as a technician and as a backcountry hunter. Heavy (which I am glad the Chill isn't), to me feels torquey on the 6 and under. I don't feel like they have the back wall that a binary cam bow SHOULD...ROCK SOLID. If I was shooting a mathews this year it wouldn't be a Chill.

My 2 cents.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Currently a 10+ yr old Hoyt something or other. About this time each year I keep thinking about changing but it continues to serve me well. I was told this fall it should be in the smithsonian, as it is a relic. Currently looking at the Mathews Conquest 4 as my next finger bow.

OR Archer

WKR
Mainly b/c I think that Mathews shot themselves in the foot with it. First off why would you build a $500 price point bow in your Mission line that is BETTER as a whole than its twin in the Mathews line at twice the price. I feel like the Ballistic has a better back wall, smoother more consistent draw cycle, and a great weight range to accommodate a greater variety of shooter.

The Chill is just a lighter Ballistic. I STRONGLY DISLIKE (HATE) the MR/MONSTER series from mathews as a technician and as a backcountry hunter. Heavy (which I am glad the Chill isn't), to me feels torquey on the 6 and under. I don't feel like they have the back wall that a binary cam bow SHOULD...ROCK SOLID. If I was shooting a mathews this year it wouldn't be a Chill.

My 2 cents.

I too wish it had a better back wall, cant argue that. But for me I can just shoot that bow good and that's what I'm after, accuracy. Lots of great bows out that I like this year but the Chill is what I shoot best so that's why I picked it over the Creed.

Scottiem

Lil-Rokslider

My 2 cents.

I just switched from a 70# monster 7.0 to a hoyt vector 32 @ 80# and I think the hoyt is smoother, quieter, and more accurate. I loved my monster till I picked up a hoyt!

bounds

WKR
My Mathews Switchback is still going strong. Like some others, I look every spring at the new bows that come out and think I need a new one, but my Switchback still works great.

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
Athens Accomplice 32 and 34.
32 will be set-up shooting Easton FMJ
34 will be set-up shooting Carbon Express Blue Streak Select

J-Daddy

WKR
Dang it, I'm gonna have to break down and buy a new Carbon Matrix or Spyder Turbo I guess....Just gotta figure out which one, really leaning towards another Matrix.