What is you favorite sabot slug?

KM5019

FNG
What is you favorite sabot slug? After field testing years ago in my Browning Gold I bought a gang of these Winchester PlatinumTip 2 3/4 12gauge 400 grain sabot slugs. You can tell from the price on the box that was some time ago. Never had to take more than one shot with these and I have taken several deer with them. I think you can tell from one of the projectiles I plucked out of a lucky deer why. But all good things must come to and end and I’m almost out. Where these are discontinued looking for my next cartridge. At up to $30 a box I hope to cut out field testing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 37
REM accutips in my savage 220 are super accurate. I’m almost out and haven’t seen them available in years. My brother has been using the federal trophy copper in his with great results.

My slug gun likes those Remington accutips also. Accurate Enough for me that I haven’t tried anything else. After a long period of not finding them during Covid, I fou nd them at my local dicks / field and stream and restocked. Cabelas has them in stock for $25 a box. From what I gather, they are a once a year run or something so I you go with them, buy a stash.

ZAK13

Lil-Rokslider
Unfortunately they're no longer made, Lightfield slugs in either the 12 or 20 gauge have been my go to shotgun slug. Lucky for me I have a enough of them to last me a long time.

OP
K

KM5019

FNG
Guessing you dont reload?

At $5 a shell, might be worth looking into it.
I have certainly thought about it, but no. I could never justify doing so. I do a lot of shooting to keep myself sharp but do so using my 22 cal rifle and handgun or even my pellet rifle. Very economical and has served me well. If I ever got into competitive shorting I likely will.

+++ for lightfield slugs. No longer made though.

If you have a 12ga 2 3/4, the lightfield hybred exp is incredibly accurate and packs a bigger punch on game than any other slug I've used. If you happen to see them for sale somewhere, scoop them up.

OP
K

KM5019

FNG
Unfortunately they're no longer made, Lightfield slugs in either the 12 or 20 gauge have been my go to shotgun slug. Lucky for me I have an enough of them to last me a long time.
Funny you say that. Where I use the Win in my Browning I use the Lightfield 2 3/4 Hybred-exp in my Rem 870. They shoot best in that rifled barrel. I’m on my last 4.

OP
K

KM5019

FNG
Unfortunately they're no longer made, Lightfield slugs in either the 12 or 20 gauge have been my go to shotgun slug. Lucky for me I have a enough of them to last me a long time.

If you have a 12ga 2 3/4, the lightfield hybred exp is incredibly accurate and packs a bigger punch on game than any other slug I've used. If you happen to see them for sale somewhere, scoop them up.
I concur. I was just replying to another post that I used these in my 870 in which they shot great. Bummer that they are no longer available.

grfox92

WKR
Hornaday SST shot in the same hole at 50 yards out my Winchester 1300.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

ZAK13

Lil-Rokslider

I have 2 full boxes left in 12ga.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 9

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Benelli M1 that shot the Hornady SST terrible but loved the Rem Accutips. I bought 5 boxes and haven’t shot one since. Honestly don’t know when I ever will but I have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk