What is with hunting companies referring to themselves as athletes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorbLand

WKR
Make hunting great again: be fat.

There is an instagram page named Make Hunting Great Again. It has some funny stuff on it once in a while. Basically, he makes fun of all the stuff that is being complained about in this thread.

Trial153

WKR
Pretty sure most if not everything in this thread is tongue in cheek.....

Hahaha I always relate athletes to people who dress up in apparel and "play" games in front of crowds for applause and money.
Maybe we do have some athletes in the "hunting" community.
Buwhahahaha

I’m fine with them pitching themselves and those that buy their clothing Line “atheletes” it’s when they call themselves warriors that I start going “huh?”

The proliferation’s of backcountry wild mountain wilderness athletes is a whole lot less annoying than all the “sheepdogs” we’ve got now. Where they overlap... worst of the worst.

These fools out here perpetrating like they all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
I’m fine with them pitching themselves and those that buy their clothing Line “atheletes” it’s when they call themselves warriors that I start going “huh?”

The proliferation’s of backcountry wild mountain wilderness athletes is a whole lot less annoying than all the “sheepdogs” we’ve got now. Where they overlap... worst of the worst.

These fools out here perpetrating like they all that.

I can’t wait until hunters start calling themselves “operators.” It was bad enough when cops started doing that.

elkyinzer

WKR
I'm a beer athlete. Pong, beerball, quarters, you name it. Chugging time of .7 seconds. I've conpleted three dozen beer ultramarathons and a bachelor party that defies classification Sponsor me please, I'll do anything for a discounted t-shirt. #lookatmeculture

I don't think any of you are athletes.You might hunt,but you will never compete.Hunting is not a competition.If you think of it that way,you Are Not A Hunter.What are you?Stop the bickering and go hunting.:cool: Next post please....

I can’t wait until hunters start calling themselves “operators.” It was bad enough when cops started doing that.

Hahahahaha. I love it. Put it like this- never yet known anyone with an “assault life” sticker on his window shield to assault any objective but a drunk Applebee’s waitress in the back seat of fhe crew cab or hit any target harder than a coked up stripper with a loud mouth when the old roid rage flares up.

You punisher warjournal American flag shirt and Molonnlabia Velcro patch won’t get you into Heaven anymore.

OP
E

ElkElkGoose

Lil-Rokslider
Hahahahaha. I love it. Put it like this- never yet known anyone with an “assault life” sticker on his window shield to assault any objective but a drunk Applebee’s waitress in the back seat of fhe crew cab or hit any target harder than a coked up stripper with a loud mouth when the old roid rage flares up.

You punisher warjournal American flag shirt and Molonnlabia Velcro patch won’t get you into Heaven anymore.

:eek:

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I mean if NASCAR drivers can call themselves athletes.....why cant we? pretty sure I will be making 200 or so left turns driving from virginia to montana this fall!! lol

jspradley

WKR

I always joke about being an innawoods operator when I rifle hunt with my AR10 platform rifle....I should probably stop that before someone hears it and starts taking it seriously lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If I wasn't a decent athlete, I certainly wouldn't be a decent elk hunter........that's for sure. Coordination, balance, stamina, strength, endurance, mental aptitude, etc........all traits that decent athletes possess, and all traits that come into play for backcountry hunting. So ya, regardless of what they call it........it is what it is.

ChrisAU

WKR
So far all the big game hunting experience I have in my 30 years is whitetail hunting in the Southeastern US. Me and a couple buddies are headed to Colorado in October, we've been working out every morning for months now. Its improved our lives overall, but its something that just wasn't required for hunting down here. It'll certainly make it easier, but to hunt down here you can be 400 lbs and drive up to the shooting house and wait on one to come to the corn.

I think hunter is more of a misnomer for those types than hunting athlete is for the guys who regularly do back country hunts.

It’s only human nature for people who aren’t willing to put in the work to sh*t all over the people that are. This thread is just another example of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

bozeman

WKR
#overweight #holdmybeer #lookatthisspikebuckikilled #lookatjrshootthatgunlikepaw #dontliketheyoungergenerationhuntinginMYspotsandbeingsuccessful #whysomanybackcountryathletesnow #idontunderstandsoijustcomplainaboutit

Funny thread. Ready for a hunting trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.