what is the one piece of gear you feel you could not do without?

sk1

WKR
this type of post may have been done but i couldnt find it, and i put it here because it encompasses all equipment

my personal choice is my rangefinder.....i do ok on flat ground, but when it comes to ranging an animal at a 30 degree incline 50 yards away I am terrible. couldn't leave home without it, would hate to do all the work to get a shot archery hunting and then miss because i was off on the range by 10 yards

what will you never leave for a hunt without? (besides your weapon of choice)

I'm pretty fond of my rangefinder, but I'll have to agree with Bitterroot Bulls on this one...binos

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
Coffee doesn't matter what kinda trip day time of year moon phase, I have to have coffee thinking about a designated coffee bladder?!? Lol

BigSurArcher

Banned
I would rather be without a weapon than without my optics. But since that ones already been taken a few times, I'll go with the knife.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
i thought some people would list their spotter, apparently binos rank above them with most people

bbrown

WKR
Binos - I messed up and dropped my Votrex vipers off the top of our RV while looking for grizz while on vacation in Yellowstone. Went on a scouting trip this last weekend and was completely lost without them. Thankfully, I should have them back tomorrow (10 day turnaround with shipping) - Vortex warranty and service is great!!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Guys what good is all that crap gonna do with out a bow?

I was gonna say the same thing, but rifle. :D There are quite a few hunts that are so close quarters and what not that binos and especially spotters rarely even get broken out on. Be tough to do without a weapon of some sort.