What is the best current .357 Lever action?

Hunter270Win

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious as to what is the best current .357 lever action. I’ve heard about the Marlin Jam and am a bit worried. Is it Winchester, Henry, Marlin, or someone else?

RWT

WKR
Henry model X is what I have that is factory. Also have a Rossi that is now awesomely smooth once I spend the extra $ to have it polished up. For factory I would go Henry

Bluefish

WKR
Marlin jam can be an issue, but it also can be fixed. It is a timing issue and there are several sites showing how to either bend the lifter or to insert hardened material if you have an issue. Btw the Henry is a copy of the Marlin.

I have a remlin Marlin 1894 and it was awful out of the box. With some tuning it runs great. Match gun for Sass. There are several places that show how to slick up a Marlin. Also search for the widdermatic modification. The new ruger made marlins are nice.

For sass the most common 357 is either a 1866 or 1873 with a short stroke kit. Basically the same rifle, but the 1873 has a lever safety. Ie you can’t fire until the lever is closed. On an 1866 you can.