What is on your hunting bucket list?

1. Mountain Goat
2. Bull Moose
3. Bighorn Ram
4. 7x7 Elk - 330+
5. A truly big Muley - killed a lot of little bucks but, never a really big one
6. Mountain Lion
7. Literally anything in Alaska

I'm 63 and while I'm still in pretty good condition, age is not just a number . . . it matters. With that in mind, I'm trying to develop a bucket list of critters I'd still like to hunt. I don't want to spend a ton of money but I don't want to be the richest guy in the cemetery either. I'm mostly a trad/primitive archer but don't mind using a rifle now and then. I'd like to get input from all of you - what is on your lists?
There’s opportunity for you out there. I’m 54 and currently am recovering from a bicep tear. Fitness and attitude = longevity. That said…. Money helps:) All kidding aside, there’s some great opportunities for Bear, deer (multiple species) antelope and so on that won’t break the bank.

Bucket lists for me, caribou, moose , sheep . All fly in remote . Tough ass hunts but I’m guessing plenty of smiles on the back end.

Stay positive ! Get after it!

Murphy

Lil-Rokslider
Grizzly, which could happen this August in Alaska. Roosevelt elk, bighorn sheep, Buffalo in Australia, muskox. Russian moose or sheep hunt. That's probably not gonna work out in my lifetime but some of the others may. Never stop dreaming

Gun

FNG
I moved to where I can hunt 8 different species OTC tags plus two others on a rare draw, over 35 yrs ago. I've killed all so far, five species P&Y class.

I always wanted to go to Africa but lost interest.

I would really like to shoot a Water Buffalo.

OP
S

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
There’s opportunity for you out there. I’m 54 and currently am recovering from a bicep tear. Fitness and attitude = longevity. That said…. Money helps:) All kidding aside, there’s some great opportunities for Bear, deer (multiple species) antelope and so on that won’t break the bank.

Bucket lists for me, caribou, moose , sheep . All fly in remote . Tough ass hunts but I’m guessing plenty of smiles on the back end.

Stay positive ! Get after it!
Tore my right bicep off about 6 years ago. I didn't have the reattachment surgery so my arm looks a little funny but I can still crank out pull-ups and draw my bows! Good luck with the recovery!

Scottf270

WKR
Only 2 I have left are a 325+ bull elk and a true trophy tom mountain lion. My last dream hunt is a dall sheep hunt.
First two are doable considering time and money. Sheep will probably never happen. Costs and availability have gone crazy. My guide friend from NWT is booked thru 2026 and above 35 grand and climbing.
I was booked before Covid (2020) for $24,500, but hunt never happened. When things opened up (2022) price was 30 grand. I decided to drop out and focus on other animals.

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
After hunting most of Alaska's big game for the last 50 years, I would like to hunt Idaho wilderness elk again. I shot my first elk at age 12 on the Selway. Been living in Alaska since I was 14, I'll be 67 in three months so it might not happen. That's some rugged country down there.

I'm turning 50 this summer and will cash in 10 elk points this year to try and kill a bull elk. Don't really care much for elk hunting (too big an animal for me as solo hunter most of the time, too damn hard to hunt!). I love chasing big mulies in wilderness in September, but they are on a slide it seems. Caribou hunt is the only thing I would say is bucket list. Will prob start hunting some whitetails in better states where I can get a tag.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
I think it's great that you guys have bucket list dreams to strive to achieve....my sincere best to each of you in your efforts.

I recently turned 70, and I honestly don't have a bucket list. With nothing but gratitude in me, I've lived my bucket list. I've worked hard and played hard living in Alaska for the past 36 years, and we raised our two children here as well...they grew-up eating wild game meat, salmon and halibut.

Most important, I've enjoyed and am thankful for many hunting adventures with each of my children...was with my daughter when she took her first moose, first mountain goat, and several sheep hunts...with my son when he took his first black bear, first grizzly, and first mountain goat. My wife and I went to Africa together when I turned 60.

I've hunted everything Alaska offers (with the exception of Musk Ox and Bison), and I plan to keep at it. I hope to do a caribou float with my daughter in August and I already have a fly-in moose hunt booked with my son in September.

BTW, please note that I share all the above with humility and gratitude, and by no means am I trying to be boastful...hopefully I don't sound that way.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I think it's great that you guys have bucket list dreams to strive to achieve....my sincere best to each of you in your efforts.

I recently turned 70, and I honestly don't have a bucket list. With nothing but gratitude in me, I've lived my bucket list. I've worked hard and played hard living in Alaska for the past 36 years, and we raised our two children here as well...they grew-up eating wild game meat, salmon and halibut.

Most important, I've enjoyed and am thankful for many hunting adventures with each of my children...was with my daughter when she took her first moose, first mountain goat, and several sheep hunts...with my son when he took his first black bear, first grizzly, and first mountain goat. My wife and I went to Africa together when I turned 60.

I've hunted everything Alaska offers (with the exception of Musk Ox and Bison), and I plan to keep at it. I hope to do a caribou float with my daughter in August and I already have a fly-in moose hunt booked with my son in September.

BTW, please note that I share all the above with humility and gratitude, and by no means am I trying to be boastful...hopefully I don't sound that way.
Wise and humbly taken words! In 2002 I killed a Fannin ram in the Yukon; everything since then has been cherries on top of a wonderful ice cream sundae. But it is always good to have a carrot dangling out of front of yourself!

MTtrout

WKR
Can’t say I have a bucket list either. I’ve killed animals from claws to hoofs that are attainable across the US. There’s a few more animals that I’d like to kill, like moose, sheep,… and at some point I might get lucky or make it happen. If I had to pick a bucket list at this point it would be to keep packing out animals that my dad and uncles kill (all around 70) and maybe a multiple day of epic wing shooting with my dog

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
^ I've Iived my bucket list too, but I still have a list :D

Wise and humbly taken words! In 2002 I killed a Fannin ram in the Yukon; everything since then has been cherries on top of a wonderful ice cream sundae. But it is always good to have a carrot dangling out of front of yourself!
Well said guys...and noted! :)

Jeff_Gibbons

Lil-Rokslider
- 32” Mule deer
- 6x6 Bull elk
- Macnab challenge
- Argentina dove hunt
- South Dakota pheasant
- Georgia wild bobwhite over excellent dogs

Montero

Lil-Rokslider
Oh yes, you guys inspire. I'm heading into my late 50's and have been putting in for preference points for about two decades to save up for what I hope to be part of my bucket list. I hunt Colorado almost exclusively and if I don't draw big game tags I travel to hunt game birds with my GWP pup and f&f. to get out there....there are a few less ptarmigan in these mountains because of our efforts.

The bucklist includes:

1) Elk 330ish would nice for sure.
2) Backpack BH sheep...hope to draw some day.....and yes a Dall sheep type hunt would be the ultimate.
3) Nice antelope buck
4) Ibex hunt.....international or NM not sure yet.

I smile when I see mtwarden's updated hiking/skiing/snowshoe goal toward 2023 miles. I'm going to set up a similar approach to remind me to keep moving and pushing for the best as I move closer to my golden years!