What is everyone Shooting now days?

OP
J
good call...I guess i need to learn to count again. It is strange, I dont really need a new bow, but man for some reason, I just have to get a new bow.

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Prime Rival LD for me. Been loving it ever since I got it. Moved up from a Mathews Switchback which was a smooth shooting bow but it didn't go to the draw length I needed. Can't complain about throwing 480 grain arrows at 290 fps either! Great bow, I'd highly recommend the Prime.

Vandal 44

WKR
I will be shooting a PSE Carbon Air 34 in 2017. I got it set up and have been shooting it almost every day for the last three weeks, this bow is crazy light and will be a joy to pack around on those back country hunts.

R_burg

WKR
Prime Rival LD for me. Been loving it ever since I got it. Moved up from a Mathews Switchback which was a smooth shooting bow but it didn't go to the draw length I needed. Can't complain about throwing 480 grain arrows at 290 fps either! Great bow, I'd highly recommend the Prime.

Prime Rival over here as well. 30" at 85% let off, which gets me to 30.5". Just enough, as I wouldn't mind shooting it a hair longer.

Went back through this thread and did a quick count. Based on current responses, these are the numbers I came up with.
Hoyt - 23
Elite - 13
Bowtech - 6
Mathews - 5
Prime - 4
PSE, Expedition - 3 each
Obsession - 2
Alpine, Limbsaver - 1 each

you can take the Alpine off the list as I will upgrade in the next two weeks. So far I am going with a used halon or new halon 32.

In my mind they draw better and are quieter than the Impulse. The valley on the Impulse was nice but I did not like having to almost push the bow down then hold on to let it up. I also liked the defiant and spyder turbo xt, draw wise it is probably better than the halon, but there was more noticeable hand shock (would probably gp away with a stabilizer) and I didn't care for the balance of the defiant at all (the bow falls backwards in my grip when just holding it).

I shot the reign but the narrow grip was uncomfortable compared to the halon/hoyts.

I will shoot elites new offering as well but will have to wait about another week.

Overall they are all good bows and you pretty much are splitting hairs as to which is better when coming from and 07/08 Alpine Frontier.

Matthews DXT - feel outdated, but i love it and it shoots great. Don't see a huge reason to upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

chuckles

Lil-Rokslider
Matthews halon 6. Love it.
Upgraded from the DXT. Sometimes I miss that light bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk