What hunting rig are you running/how do you use it

Has anyone tried or considered a sprinter van? Might not be the most capable offroad, but tons of room and payload capacity for gear/sleeping. The price of the built out campers is prohibitive, but the price point on a diesel awd cargo doesn’t seem too far from a lot of trucks these days. I’ve really enjoyed my little diesel canyon, but a growing family has me wanting more cab space. Solo hunting it’s been more than capable.

Bought a new daily driver with the intent of it also being a hunting/fishing rig.

2023 with the 3.5 EB, Fox 2.5 suspension with Icon UCA's, method 17's with 34.2x11.5 AT4W's and the snugtop rebel. Using an EZ Flate CASE compressor for air up/down. Been testing the limits on some nasty trails more suited for quads/sxs and been super impressed.

Roll-A-Cot fits great in the 6.5' bed. Hunting I'll throw an Igloo 150qt back there beside it, so the Rtic 65 food cooler goes in the cab. Offroad recovery gear fits in a low tote under the cot nicely.

Got about 15 nights in it between summer fishing and scouting since June. Pull over anywhere that's flat and crash so I'm not tied down to a specific camp spot. Up and moving in about 15 minutes in the morning.

1725841643654.png

1725841599151.png

1725841401469.png

huntem

FNG
Has anyone tried or considered a sprinter van? Might not be the most capable offroad, but tons of room and payload capacity for gear/sleeping. The price of the built out campers is prohibitive, but the price point on a diesel awd cargo doesn’t seem too far from a lot of trucks these days. I’ve really enjoyed my little diesel canyon, but a growing family has me wanting more cab space. Solo hunting it’s been more than capable.
I picked up a 144" 4x4 cargo van for about the same price a Trail Boss Custom in 2022. This was the first hunting trip I did in the Blackwater for turkey. The DIY route was even a stretch for me financially but well worth it. While progress has allowed me to ditch the air mattress, make no mistake you don't need the interior to be all swanky to get outside.

Attachments

• IMG_1710.JPG
    IMG_1710.JPG
    278.2 KB · Views: 34
New to me this year ‘98 Tacoma 4 cyl 5 spd with manual everything and I love it. Added a headache rack and truck box, Lexus seat swap, and a customized 4Runner center console I worked up. Great mpg and thoroughly impressed with the ability to crawl through the nasty stuff.
Curious to learn what Lexus seats work in the first gen Tacoma? I’ve got a 96 in which I’d love to upgrade the seats.

Curious to learn what Lexus seats work in the first gen Tacoma? I’ve got a 96 in which I’d love to upgrade the seats.

Grab whatever bolt holes you can and modify the mounts for the other bolt holes. Sometimes you can reuse your rails even.

I stuck some honda seats in mine. Time to upgrade again though..