What good recurves are out there.

I really like the Great Plains SR Swift recurve. It shoots great and is very good quality. I am curious what else is out there that is close to the quality for a better price? Ive shot some lower end ones for $100 and they feel stiff and un accurate.
4877481fefc6f6b91ed8fb9ac007f9c0.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I've been shooting recurves only for the last ten or so years but haven't really tried very many different bows. I owned a Hoyt Gamemaster, Gamemaster II, and a a Dorado. All shot well for me and I enjoyed them.

Last year I switched to Black Widow. I've had several of their models as well, in both take down and one piece. I bought all of them used. I enjoy shooting those bows and shoot them ALOT.

Recently I traded for a takedown made by Sierra Blanca out of New Mexico. They are about $400-450, on average but are very well made and shoot well. Jess is very personable and easy to deal with.

I've always been told to shoot as many as possible and the bow will find you.

That's good advice. We have a big traditional shoot here every year with a lot of vendors and you can shoot a lot of different bows. I am going with a Tradtech Titan III for my next bow, it's an ILF bow and several friends shoot them and really like them a lot. Never thought I would have a metal riser bow but to get the length and stability I need it's going to be the Titan. I'll be driving up to Lancaster in the spring to ser one up.

OP
Nathan Anderson
Thanks for the info guys. And i really like the wood like. Thanks jmez those Kotas are perfect for about 60 % the price of a great plains

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
For recurve i shoot an old Morrison Shawnee Arapaho. It found me.

Others with a loyal following are Black Widow and Stalker Stickbows. I've shot a Widow but not the Stalker which is real eye candy.

Beendare

WKR
Are you the Nathan anderson that is one heck of a good longbow hunter?

There is a NA that is an awesome hunter with a LB...he killed a Stone Sheep in BC when I was there about 20 years ago.
___
Another option is the ILF system. ILF is a standard fitting for limbs and risers that you can mix and match. You can buy a plethora of recurve and longbow limbs that are a std ILF fitting...and fit them to many different ILF risers.

Some nice wood or metal risers...from 13"-25"...and the ILF limbs in S,M,L,XL with weights in 23 increments from 20#-70# ...so you can make a short 54" bow to a 70" long bow..or anywhere in between. Prices too...from about $300 to $1500...
My ILF....a Morrison archery riser...with SF Elite plus carbon/foam limbs [I skinned with diamondback]
SF limbs re.jpg

Same riser with WW Inno limbs [skinned with prairie rattler]
my buck as found re.jpg