What distances are E-bikes really needed?

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
There was never a “loophole” on USFS lands. They have ALWAYS been considered as a motorized vehicle.

People (purchasers) have rationalized them as non-motorized since they first hit the street,…but I have a copy of a guidance memo somewhere at work classifying them as motorized approximately 15 years ago.
Three years ago, I hiked in 3 miles in the dark one morning and immediately got onto a bugling bull. In minutes I heard a whirring sound, and 3 guys on ebikes came riding in on me and the bull. I told them the rules, they basically gave me the one finger wave, and literally took off cross country after the elk. The Idaho F&G and USFS finally issued some clarifying guidance which may or may not be followed. These guys were nonresidents from a state west of us....

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
Three years ago, I hiked in 3 miles in the dark one morning and immediately got onto a bugling bull. In minutes I heard a whirring sound, and 3 guys on ebikes came riding in on me and the bull. I told them the rules, they basically gave me the one finger wave, and literally took off cross country after the elk. The Idaho F&G and USFS finally issued some clarifying guidance which may or may not be followed. These guys were nonresidents from a state west of us....
This has happened to me and it’s frustrating.
You follow the rules, acknowledge the signs, hike in for miles and you are covered in sweat, just to have someone cruise by with ease.

Wingnutty

FNG
This has happened to me and it’s frustrating.
You follow the rules, acknowledge the signs, hike in for miles and you are covered in sweat, just to have someone cruise by with ease.
And for some reason it is just soooo much more infuriating when it’s an NR. When I’m in someone else’s house I doubly careful to follow the rules!

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Cool concept, but I can't get behind spending a couple grand on a bicycle. could be handy for upland or turkey hunting way off the trail.

Maybe once I am not physically able to ruck it on public I would consider. The way I hunt I feel a boat would be more beneficial for access.