what freakin bino harness!!

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Sk1, you'll like that setup no doubt. What size are you Zen Rays?? My 10X42 Swaro ELs easily fit in the smaller of the two versions of the Alaska Guide Creations.

length is 6.5 inches x 5 wide.....i think swaro els 10x42 are listed at 6.3 inches for length, did you have a little extra room? Im hoping to leave the eyecups extended

luke moffat

Super Moderator
yep that will still work easily. I even had teh "batwing" style eyecups on my ELs so they were taller than the fully exteneded twist cups I had on them before anyways. You should be more than fine. Are your Zen Rays 10X50s?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
you use the smaller version? :eek:
those things look so big! part of the reason i cant quite pull the trigger on one. what else can you fit in there besides binos?

Rangefinder, havalon knife, leatherman, chapstick, lighter, tags, extra ammo. Plus they fully enclose the binos which is WAY nice for keeping dirt and water free in teh field. They do make a model to accomodate 56mm binos though.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
no luke, i have the 10x43's.....they are essentially identical in size and physical looks to the vortex talon

Rangefinder, havalon knife, leatherman, chapstick, lighter, tags, extra ammo. Plus they fully enclose the binos which is WAY nice for keeping dirt and water free in teh field. They do make a model to accomodate 56mm binos though.
if i can fit a sandwich or maybe a bag of jerky im sold and ill order em. ;)

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
Oregon Pack Works BinoBro is another option. I have no actual experience with it yet but I do have one on order. The owner is very helpful guy and I am hoping the product is just as good.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
I have looked at the bino bro but the video to me made it look difficult to take them out of the case....you'll have to let me know what you think when you get it.....my Alaska guide creations bino harness will be delivered Thursday I hope it works out

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
I just orded the pouch from alaska creations after reading about it here.

Jaret was super good to deal with.

rodney482

WKR
I have tried several and keep coming back to a crooked horn harness and use a rangesnap...

Just dont like the bulk on my chest of the others..

Cool Matt. I've heard very good positive feedback from a lot of folks on them. I read that Paul is working on getting them produced in larger quantities too. I like how the pouch protects and functions, designed to be quiet, lightweight and low profile. I got one with the rangefinder pouch combo. Sadly, I'm on his list until after hunting season. No worries, I'm willing to wait. I'll just use the open chest harness I have now until then :).

B

bearguide

still using crooked horn, but i may have to look at some others after reading this post. especally if i get bigger heaver binos

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
it's not perfect, but the alaska guide creations is working pretty good for me, unless you can't stand the bulkiness, i recommend it....best i have used thus far, and stays out of the way even when shooting a bow

I tried the crooked hoens and the are ok when day hiking with a light pack or no pack. I prefer to just mount them on my waist strap of my pack with the crooked horn straps in case I drop the pack. Im going to order an FHF custom harness that attaches to my pack that will hold the rangefinder as well.