What Factory 7MM08 Bullet for Elk?

yes - killed several elk with a 140 gr accubond out of a 7-08. Make sure they shoot in your rifle, but if you put them where you want them, you'll be packing meat.

taskswap

WKR
<checks calendar: yup, it's been 3 months since the last thread on this so...>

I've had good luck with Hornady Precision Hunter 150gr ELD-X and Sierra HSM GameKing 140gr. Good shot placement matters way more than bullet selection.

OP
B

BCD

WKR
<checks calendar: yup, it's been 3 months since the last thread on this so...>

I've had good luck with Hornady Precision Hunter 150gr ELD-X and Sierra HSM GameKing 140gr. Good shot placement matters way more than bullet selection.
Where are you finding the Gamekings? Thank You!

taskswap

WKR
Where are you finding the Gamekings? Thank You!
Midway. They're out of stock right now but if you put a "Watch" on their products you can get them a few times a year. Specialty hunting rounds like these and the Precision Hunter aren't made in mass quantities. The manufacturers usually run a batch through and the major distributors all get a case or pallet or whatever allocated to them. They don't stay in stock long not because they're actually all that scarce but because they get what they get and then the manufacturer won't do another run of it for 4 months.

If you order specialty ammo I highly recommend these alerts. I'm a fan of the Powerbelt Platinum 338 as a muzzleloader round (although I'm getting more fouling from the jackets than I would like...) This is another item you can't always get day-to-day but I had an alert set up on it and in September got a notification for it. It's out of stock again but I'd be anything I'll be able to get more by Jan/Feb. It takes some patience but if you know what you want it's not that hard to get what you need.