What do you do for a living? How can you help?

Idahodmax

FNG
What's the craziest situation you've seen?
Foundation shifted and all the abs lines broke off the the toilets. This was a multi family unit. Crawlspace was literally full of sewage. Tenants had been living this way for weeks. Toilet paper was caked along the foundation walls. Had to pump it all out, etc and when doing that there were these long white worms in the sewage. About 10 to 12 inches long. It’s amazing the conditions people live in.

Also have dealt with several dead bodies, tenants hiding feces and meat in the ducting, fully condemned properties, crime scenes, you name it.

IDVortex

WKR
Disaster remediation. 12 years. Literally have scene it all
I almost went into DR, but then remember working for a plumber and how much I hated that, and also with my own business working for a landlord on a lot of his properties dealing with hoarders and crazy cat ladies.

I couldn't do it.

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
Physical Therapist; but will likely be leaving healthcare this fall to do project management full-time in asbestos abatement (I'm good at keeping everything on track with renovations and subcontractors, not swinging a hammer).

Real Estate is my thing, I'm not an agent so don't ask me anything on that. I own right around 90 rental units including a few short-term rentals. Happy to help whoever when they're getting started, tough right now with rates and prices though.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like you should convince your coworkers to unionize.

I dunno-my 2 bosses are pretty good guys.

For the sake of anonymity I'll refer to them as Robby & Ryan- Well the RR crew are pretty good dudes but they don't believe in pay raises and I don't believe unionizing will help.

IDVortex

WKR
I dunno-my 2 bosses are pretty good guys.

For the sake of anonymity I'll refer to them as Robby & Ryan- Well the RR crew are pretty good dudes but they don't believe in pay raises and I don't believe unionizing will help.
I feel as if you're being forced to say that. But, all it takes is one person speaking up.

Besides, RR union has a nice ring to it.

CorbLand

WKR
Also have dealt with several dead bodies, tenants hiding feces and meat in the ducting, fully condemned properties, crime scenes, you name it.
Had a roommate through the school year once that I just didnt care for. He was a douche, had an annoying ass girlfriend over all the time, etc. He moved out for the summer and was coming back in the fall. Knew he was staying in the room that I was living in. I was leaving after the summer. Before I left, took the vent cover off and put an entire bag of potatoes (I bought them for this purpose and bought them months ahead of time) in the ducting around the corner. I bet his room smelt great every time the furnace/ac kicked on.

Probably not my proudest moment but I still smile when I think about it.

Last edited:

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had a roommate through the school year once that I just didnt care for. He was a douche, had an annoying as girlfriend over all the time, etc. He moved out for the summer and was coming back in the fall. Knew he was staying in the room that I was living in. I was leaving after the summer. Before I left, took the vent cover off and put an entire bag of potatoes (I bought them for this purpose and bought them months ahead of time) in the ducting around the corner. I bet his room smelt great every time the furnace/ac kicked on.

Probably not my proudest moment but I still smile when I think about it.
...and here I thought you were a choirboy. Reminds me of this quote.

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future
~~~Oscar Wilde

CorbLand

WKR
...and here I thought you were a choirboy. Reminds me of this quote.

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future
~~~Oscar Wilde
I wouldnt say I was a terrible kid. My mom did a good job at teaching us what she called "innocent fun." Basically she drew the line at damaging peoples property. Everything else as pretty much free game.

I do have IBS but I did not need the quantity of toilet paper that I purchased, may or may not have contributed to a needed increase in IDOTs sign budget for a few years and did my part ensuring that the employees of Keystone Light took home paychecks.

I also had an anti hunter once ask me if I was worried about all the elk, deer and bears I kill being there to torture me in the after life. I told her, "No, that doesnt worry. If that does happen, its going to be all the damn tweety birds that worry me." I murdered birds and squirrels as a child.

Last edited: