What do you do about ATV/Snowmobile idiots?

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
I guess I’ll clarify again that where the sled is from the OP is illegal. It’s a mile down a hiking trail. In a state where riding off trail is not legal.

WKR
I think its lowlife behavior to mess with somebody's stuff. You might think you are right or just, but they might think they are, too. Let's say they have to send in more machines to retrieve the one you sabotaged, is that better?

Photo and report if it's illegal. Then someone gets an education. Vandalism just creates animosity and anger between groups that each think they are right. Maybe next time that guy goes in, he really tears stuff up because he's seeking some sort of revenge on the do-gooder that left him stranded. Or maybe he has some sort of handicap permit you didn't know existed.

It's almost like using road rage to teach a bad driver a lesson. You get angry and you want them to know that they f-ed up. But you'll never fix that driver. And now you're swimming in the same pool.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
How do snow machines destroy public land?

Like pictured in the OP, they easily kill seedlings/saplings. I know this because we accidentally killed several young ponderosas around our family’s cabin on sleds. Deep snow not really an issue and staying on roads/trails.

Every hunter should have the local GW and Sheriff's number saved in your phone, and not be afraid to use it. Anyone who takes matters like these into their own hands is an idiot IMO.

Pretty sure the fines are pretty stiff in WI for riding off trail and also when trails are closed. With the amount of snow in the picture I can not see the actual snowmobile trails even being open at that time.