What distance between water holes make sitting effective?

Raypo

Lil-Rokslider
I would not attempt to spot and stalk them- my opinion. A couple busted up attempts and they are gone. Every time I try, it takes 3-4 attempts to get a 90 yard shot. Antelope will come to water with a pop up but as you already know not being able to sit out there beforehand is not good. If it was me, I’d sit the blind on the water and do all day sits. My general rule on water antelope sits are; 3 days are 75% shot opportunity, 4 days 90% shot opportunity. Spot and stalk for 4 days I’d give it 50%. I know many will disagree but that’s just my experience. I’ll be doing the same in a few days.

rclouse79

WKR
Sorry, I was by myself and the temp was high 90s and sunny. I was trying to get him on ice as soon as I could. When I get the horns back from the taxi I’ll drop one.
Congrats. I have sat 3 days so far with two left. I have had a buck teasing me but he won’t come drink. Had twenty one does drinking the last time I sat.

OP
J

jaric

FNG
Good luck! Those sits can get long I had to keep telling myself to “trust the process”. Let us know how you do.

vladkgb

FNG
Congratulations! I setup a blind but i was in country that had a lot of water holes around, this particular one was farthest from the road (~1 mile) and had sign all around it and good brush to conceal the blind. The other nearest water hole was 100 yards from the road. I sat on it for 5 days for about 8 hours, and had does and fawns come in every day. It was cool at first, but got frustrating when only does kept coming. Did some stalks every afternoon after sitting which were fun, but couldn't get close enough. Fun hunt. I think i'll look for a unit that has less water holes around next year.

Attachments

• IMG_20230812_115847372.jpg
    IMG_20230812_115847372.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 9