What did you do in the reloading room today?

OP
sierracharlie338
In a strange turn of events my light fixture decided to go out last night when I walked in and turned the light on. Now it looks like I’ll be playing electrician before I can load any more ammo.

jja600

FNG
I couldn’t find a picture of the oil reservoir before I bought this one, and found out some of the #1 scales don’t have the paddle or reservoir. Kind of a fun unique scale. 20wt motor oil was recommended, but lighter or heavier could be used if someone wanted it to settle faster or slower.

View attachment 643194
I have the same scale to double check my digital. It works good. I use it without oil.

logem

FNG
Nothing specific with reloading today. But I shot about 150 rounds verifying loads that I think I will settle upon for .223/5.56 max velocity rounds while using the LabRadar. Ran some ladders with new powders too. Working with 14.5" SBR rifles. 2 - 3 hours spent at the range. Wish I could have spent more.

I am really liking CFE 223 for 55gr high velocity pills to match velocities of M193

AR-Comp is reaching and exceeding performance of IMI MK 262 Mod 1 with Sierra 77gr Matchkings.

Next step is to purchase a wilde long barrel and good scope to start diaingl in precision loads.

49ereric

WKR
Working on @200 22-250 cases that have been sitting around for about 40 years.
some were once fired and I annealed the cases that were shot a few times.
sizing and hand trimming but my hands are almost to old for that anymore.
going to load some blue dot reduced loads with hornady #2270 60 grain sp and see if they’ll group well at all. Shot the Remington 700 last year with the hornady #2275 60 grain hp and it shot just ok but could be my old eyes. Borescope show a badly scorched barrel. It used to shoot very well with that bullet.

OP
sierracharlie338
Working on @200 22-250 cases that have been sitting around for about 40 years.
some were once fired and I annealed the cases that were shot a few times.
sizing and hand trimming but my hands are almost to old for that anymore.
going to load some blue dot reduced loads with hornady #2270 60 grain sp and see if they’ll group well at all. Shot the Remington 700 last year with the hornady #2275 60 grain hp and it shot just ok but could be my old eyes. Borescope show a badly scorched barrel. It used to shoot very well with that bullet.
Something is better than nothing! Hope it shoots for ya

It took me an embarrassingly long time to completely reorganize my reloading room. But I got it done a couple days ago and it’s a lot nicer.

I am fighting a head cold, but I finally got going on brass prep this afternoon for a Lazzeroni, 7mag, 2 300s and the 6.5. I have 90 more 300 rounds to trim, then tumble everything, then I’ll start dumping powder and actually loading.

My oldest is cranking out mule deer jerky that I have to keep testing as well.

OP
sierracharlie338
It took me an embarrassingly long time to completely reorganize my reloading room. But I got it done a couple days ago and it’s a lot nicer.

I am fighting a head cold, but I finally got going on brass prep this afternoon for a Lazzeroni, 7mag, 2 300s and the 6.5. I have 90 more 300 rounds to trim, then tumble everything, then I’ll start dumping powder and actually loading.

My oldest is cranking out mule deer jerky that I have to keep testing as well.
Haha I know the feeling when it comes to cleaning and organizing. Progress is always worth it though.

Northpark

WKR
I spent a bit of time loading 100 rounds of 5.56 with TAC and 63gr Absolute Hammer bullets for my upcoming annual Texas hog and axis deer killing trip. They’re running at 3050fps out my 16” barrel.

Last edited:

Northpark

WKR
What part of Texas are you hunting?
I hunt a place between rocksprings and del rio. Lots of canyons and thick cedars. It’s an annual guys trip I do. Basically just kick back and relax and shoot hogs and axis does. Maybe smoke a cigar and sip a scotch while I’m at it too while hanging out with some buddies.

I've spent this month prepping ~900 LC 556 cases. Pretty tedious. Trim, chamfer, debur, debur a lot more to get rid of a weird thick ring on theoutside the case mouth, uniform the flash holes, and anneal.

Next up they'll go through the Lee collet neck die, then it'll be time to finally load.

OP
sierracharlie338
I've spent this month prepping ~900 LC 556 cases. Pretty tedious. Trim, chamfer, debur, debur a lot more to get rid of a weird thick ring on theoutside the case mouth, uniform the flash holes, and anneal.

Next up they'll go through the Lee collet neck die, then it'll be time to finally load.
Didn't have to swage them?