What companies ship ammo to Alaska?

Antares

WKR
I keep finding ammo online that I want to purchase, but very few of these sites seem to ship to AK.

Hoping some of the AK members can point me in the right direction. Are you guys buying ammo online and having it shipped to AK? If so, what sites?

Thanks in advance!

I’ve never been able to find anybody that’ll ship to AK., so I usually just have it either shipped to someone in the lesser 48 that plans on visiting in the near future, or that I plan on visiting in the near future. I’m planning a trip down to the east coast in late June, back to AK the beginning of July, and if you wanted to have it shipped to my in-laws, I’d be more than happy to bring it back up with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Antares

Antares

WKR
Wow, that's super generous. I appreciate the offer.

I've done that routine in the past as well. I was just curious if there was some site/shop people had found that would ship to AK.

It has to go ground transportation (and not through Canada), so that's the challenge.

If you are in a port town, you can call/e-mail Alaska Marine Lines about having them do hazmat freight forwarding from Seattle for you from your original shipper, but there are some particulars to go over with them, and to make it worth your while, you'd want to ship 65 pounds of ammo all in the same shipment. I've done it once... and it can be worth the effort if you're able to get ahold of a larger quantity of specialty stuff that you aren't likely to get locally. I personally probably won't go that route again.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Flying you are limited to 10 pounds in checked luggage as it is hazmat.

Regulations prohibite air freight of any amount. As pretty much everything that is shipped USPS/UPS/FedEx to AK is air freight no one ships it to AK.

AML can ship it up, but not cheap and as mentioned you would want to be shipping a large quantity. They have a minimum size and everything smaller than that costs the same amount.

If you let them know how many boxes to expect they will hold stiff untill all boxes arrive. Otherwise they will ship what comes in.

An example. I used them to forward tires to Ketchikan. A pallet cost $90 (which was also the minimum at the tie) and all 8 tires fit on a pallet, so all 8 where $90. However, if the tires had arrived at AML in Seattle days a part, so that each one shipped separately, than I would have been charged $90 for each shipment.

When I used AML to ship my guns and a little over 300 pounds of ammo from Ketchikan to Anchorage it was over $500 because the only way to avoid Canada was to ship it down to Seattle, then back up.

25orSo

Lil-Rokslider
This was a timely thread to find.

A member from AK just inquired about some ammo I have for sale.

I guess I'll be calling UPS on Monday to see if it is possible. I darn well need to be able to ship it to him before we go any further.

Flying you are limited to 10 pounds in checked luggage as it is hazmat.

Regulations prohibite air freight of any amount. As pretty much everything that is shipped USPS/UPS/FedEx to AK is air freight no one ships it to AK.

AML can ship it up, but not cheap and as mentioned you would want to be shipping a large quantity. They have a minimum size and everything smaller than that costs the same amount.

If you let them know how many boxes to expect they will hold stiff untill all boxes arrive. Otherwise they will ship what comes in.

An example. I used them to forward tires to Ketchikan. A pallet cost $90 (which was also the minimum at the tie) and all 8 tires fit on a pallet, so all 8 where $90. However, if the tires had arrived at AML in Seattle days a part, so that each one shipped separately, than I would have been charged $90 for each shipment.

When I used AML to ship my guns and a little over 300 pounds of ammo from Ketchikan to Anchorage it was over $500 because the only way to avoid Canada was to ship it down to Seattle, then back up.
From what I've found, most airlines have a maximum of 11 lbs. of ammo/passenger, but Alaska Air allows 50 lbs./passenger on most flights.

25orSo

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I'll be calling UPS on Monday to see if it is possible.

No need to call on Monday. I found on their website they don't ship Limited Quantity (ORM-D) to air only destinations - basically outside CONUS.

Hey everyone, there is a solution for shipping to Alaska.

Carlile My Connect in Tacoma Washington.
They will ship ammo up to Alaska via truck.
All you have to do is set up an account with them, super easy. Then have whichever company or person send the ammo to them, along with your personal My Connect ID and name.
It is super affordable. You can ship a decent size box, ie 10+ boxes of rifle ammo, for only $20.
@slidemountain recently used them and I have 10 boxes of ammo from a seller on Gunbroker headed there now. Since Carlile are in Washington, you may encounter Gunbroker trying to automatically add WA Sales Tax, so in my case I had to pay directly to the seller and not complete the transaction on Gunbroker. This did not bypass their fees, it just took off the tax for me.

OP
Antares

Antares

WKR
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I'm pretty well versed in freight forwarding and abusing AK Air's baggage policies. I was just hoping that there was some big online ammo retailer that magically ships to Alaska and I had somehow missed it. Doesn't sound like that's the case. Thanks again.

OP
Antares

Antares

WKR
Yeah...I just had an order shipped to my friends down south so they can bring it up with them sometime. Oh well.

fatbacks

WKR
Heard that these guys will forward ammo up here. Haven’t checked into it but might be worth a call if you need it. Carlisle MyConnect

Devilfish

FNG
Heard that these guys will forward ammo up here. Haven’t checked into it but might be worth a call if you need it. Carlisle MyConnect

I just set up an account with them a couple of days ago. I'm off work tomorrow and will probably be giving it a shot after I make a couple of calls to suppliers since the ammo won't be shipped to my billing address, but the Carlile terminal in Tacoma instead.

Last edited:
OP
Antares

Antares

WKR
I use Span Alaska all the time. Just have stuff shipped to their Auburn, WA terminal. Works great for bulky, heavy stuff. I just picked up $10k worth of bamboo flooring for example. Works less well for small stuff like cases of ammo because they still charge their minimum which was around $140 last I checked. If you got some guys together to do a bulk order it would work good.