What boots?

lintond

WKR
Ok gentlemen I have decided that I need some new boots. I trekked around in UA Speed Freaks this year, and really liked them except they weren't waterproof and I had some issues with my big toe getting chewed up if I wasn't laced in good and tight. Having wet feet really was annoying and eventually ended my hunt early. I've decided to get new boots, but was going to wait to get them. Then I got thinking about my upland bird hunts I've got planned and don't want wet feet from tromping through the snow.

Lets here your boot recommendations! :D

Vandal 44

WKR
I got a pair of the Asolo TPS 520 GV late in the summer and they have been very good boots. Very little break in time, waterproof, all leather, un-insulated, I wish they where a little taller.

I like them so much when I was at REI they had a garage sale and I found a pair in my size for 55% off, now I have two pair.

ltlacorn

FNG
Crispi Idaho for uninsulated or the new Guide for insulated. Waterproof, unbelievably comfortable, breathable, and very little break in period. Worth taking a look at. Made in Italy

huntography

Lil-Rokslider
I wore 2 pairs all season:

Roclite 400's - light weight for warm/hot weather

Zamberlan Guide 960 - tanks for all of archery elk

On order: Kuiu Zamberlan Pamir - for everything in the big high country

Good luck.

Rudy

OP
lintond

lintond

WKR
Thanks for the suggestions! Now if only I could find more then a few dimes and quarters hiding in the couch cushions. :cool:

Clarktar

WKR
+1 for Lathrop and sons.

I am running Lowa Hunters, the best boot I have worn, have about 80 days, and probably 300 miles on them. The rubber rand is now coming off but Lowa is replacing the boot after hunting season for free. They have not had this problem,, so my pair is probably just a defect.

Tiger Rag

WKR
Plenty of good boots mentioned there. My advice would be the ones that fit.

For my narrow, overpronated feet, I like Zamberlan, Crispi, and Kayland. All have boots available built on narrow lasts.

Find a good store where you can try on as many quality boots as you can. Don't let price get in the way, you will wear quality boots for years and years.

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
For uninsulated boots I use Asolo Sasslong's and wear Kenetrek Mountain Extremes for mid to late season hunts when cold weather is a possibility. We hunted in 12 to 15 inches of snow on an elk hunt in CO two weeks ago and they worked well. They kept my feet fairly warm and completely dry. With regard to the Sasslongs, I really like their comfort as they have a bigger toe box than a number of boots I've tried. Both have served me well. As with all boots, I think the most important factor is fit.

Maah Daah Hey

Lil-Rokslider
I have tried kenetreks and they tore up my heels. I then called Lathrop and Sons and they were able to help me into the correct boot over the phone. Give them a call and you won't be disappointed. My heels have never felt so good after a long day hiking.