What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawnboi

WKR
And the fact we still don't know the long term repercussions of getting this disease. Will it cause heart, brain or other issues down the road for these kids? Just powering through it is not the right course of action. Things have to open and continue but we cannot do so without being smart about it. We need a unified response but instead, everyone is fighting over masks.

Let's pray to God for our kids that this bug doesn't have long term implications for them.

Im more worried about the aerosolized cleaning chemicals Iv been breathing in since March.

I see poor health decisions made on a daily basis. Not wearing a mask dosnt bother me at all.

RyanT26

WKR
Things you see on vacation.
Speaking of bad health choices. This was seen this morning while waiting to be seated for breakfast. I group of four, all overweight 30-40 pounds, all wearing masks, one pulling a oxygen cart, exit the restaurant, then pull their masks down and lite cigarettes. The one on oxygen did at least turn the bottle off first. Maybe thinning the herd a little isn’t a bad thing.

Speaking of bad health choices. This was seen this morning while waiting to be seated for breakfast. I group of four, all overweight 30-40 pounds, all wearing masks, one pulling a oxygen cart, exit the restaurant, then pull their masks down and lite cigarettes. The one on oxygen did at least turn the bottle off first. Maybe thinning the herd a little isn’t a bad thing.

What a dick thing to say...
Those people are most likely respectable, and kind and having loving families. Who cares what their personal life choices are.

Are you in perfect health? Is your wife or anyone else in your family all in perfect health? No one a few pounds over weight?

Thinning the herd a little....maybe you’re next, or someone in your family.

RyanT26

WKR
What a dick thing to say...
Those people are most likely respectable, and kind and having loving families. Who cares what their personal life choices are.
Well shit happens, sorry not sorry. If my “personal Life choice” is to not wear a mask, that’s a issue. So if people can give me shit for not wearing a mask, expect it back for being fat shits, who smoke while wearing a mask.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well shit happens, sorry not sorry. If my “personal Life choice” is to not wear a mask, that’s a issue. So if people can give me shit for not wearing a mask, expect it back for being fat shits, who smoke while wearing a mask.
You need to take it down a notch.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

conley417

WKR

I remember learning about someone else that wanted to thin the herd.

Billinsd

WKR
Doesn't look like any San Diego Schools will open for the fall. My kids go to Charter schools. My daughter's hs will be 2 days in class the rest distance or all distance. I'm not sure yet about my son's junior high. One very legitimate reason to not open schools this fall is the trial lawyers and the liability the schools have, especially in California. Whatever happens my kids will still do well, because my wife and I enhance our kids education. My daughter is in the middle of an 8 week sat/act bootcamp that she will take again next summer to boost her test scores. Even though California Universities are "not" requiring SAT/ACT scores due to Covid and because they think the tests are racist they are still important, more than ever with schools giving credit no credit and not grades. Cheers Bill

zacattack

WKR
Anybody get tested and get tired of waiting for the results? I was tested Wednesday morning and haven’t heard a thing. My symptoms that I had are gone anyways, Hoping it was just a severe allergic reaction to trimming some bushes around the yard. Was told by officials to expect results in a week. Kind of a joke.

Billinsd

WKR
Im more worried about the aerosolized cleaning chemicals Iv been breathing in since March.

I see poor health decisions made on a daily basis. Not wearing a mask dosnt bother me at all.
There is MUCH irony in how people respond to this virus. I'm dealing with it like I do the flu, except I never wore a mask before. I got asthma and the flu often triggers my asthma, in fact it's really the only time I suffer from it. Several years ago I got so sick for so long with asthma, I took drastic action. Mostly the kids brought it home and that stopped when they got older. Where I have exposed myself is signing for my credit card at stores. Usually I use my shirt or something to hold the pen. That and sometimes handing the card to the clerk who hands it back to me. Bill

Billinsd

WKR
And the fact we still don't know the long term repercussions of getting this disease. Will it cause heart, brain or other issues down the road for these kids? Just powering through it is not the right course of action. Things have to open and continue but we cannot do so without being smart about it. We need a unified response but instead, everyone is fighting over masks.

Let's pray to God for our kids that this bug doesn't have long term implications for them.
Amen about praying there aren't long term implications. You seem to miss that we are a country made up of 50 states and our Founders created a constitution to protect these states and its citizens from an overbearing, overreaching federal government. In fact cities and communities are supposed to have a bigger say than their state and especially the federal government in day to day activities, etc. We aren't supposed to have a powerful, centralized government by design. Trump is our president and our leader, however he is not supposed to control us all like many would like. In my opinion Trump is more controling than I like as a President. Of course there are consequences of this, that you obsessively don't like, which is your opinion that you are entitled to.

Us Americans have freedom, personal freedom like no other country in the world!! And there are some minor negative consequences with that. Cheers Bill

Last edited:
This virus is just difficult to figure out. I have a good friend that is quarantined at home with it now. He got diagnosed a week ago and has gotten progressively worse over that time period. His symptoms started out just being tired, then he lost is his sense of smell and taste and started having dizzy spells and slight cough. Then he started having chills, then fever, and then shortness of breathe. Has been in the bed pretty much non-stop for the last couple days until today, when he started feeling a little better. He is in his late 40s, with no underlying conditions other than being a slightly overweight.

His wife and son were also diagnosed with it at the same time. His wife has yet to have a symptom whatsoever. The only symptom his college age son has had is a low grade fever for a couple days on and off.

You just never know how it's going to affect you.

Anybody get tested and get tired of waiting for the results? I was tested Wednesday morning and haven’t heard a thing. My symptoms that I had are gone anyways, Hoping it was just a severe allergic reaction to trimming some bushes around the yard. Was told by officials to expect results in a week. Kind of a joke.
I got tested a few weeks ago after being around a family friend who had tested positive. It took 8 days to get my results. I’m not sure what good testing does if the results are so behind.

House Education and Labor Committee Chairman Bobby Scott (D-Va.) sent Redfield a letter last week asking him or a CDC designee to testify at a hearing on how K-12 public schools can reopen for in-person classroom instruction this fall. But on Friday, Scott said his panel had been informed that the Trump administration would not allow CDC testimony at the hearing planned for next week.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

House Education and Labor Committee Chairman Bobby Scott (D-Va.) sent Redfield a letter last week asking him or a CDC designee to testify at a hearing on how K-12 public schools can reopen for in-person classroom instruction this fall. But on Friday, Scott said his panel had been informed that the Trump administration would not allow CDC testimony at the hearing planned for next week.

The political non-sense, from both sides, surrounding this virus is just pathetic. I have 2 kids still in grade school, one in high school and another in middle school. The decision on whether or not to have kids in classroom settings should be about the welfare of the children, families, and teachers, not politics. It just turns my stomach that both sides are politicizing it. It's hard to know what is best for the kids because you don't who or what to believe anymore. That said, it's hard to imagine the virus NOT exploding when schools open back up. Seems like a perfect place for it to spread to me, but what do know.

The political non-sense, from both sides, surrounding this virus is just pathetic. I have 2 kids still in grade school, one in high school and another in middle school. The decision on whether or not to have kids in classroom settings should be about the welfare of the children, families, and teachers, not politics. It just turns my stomach that both sides are politicizing it. It's hard to know what is best for the kids because you don't who or what to believe anymore. That said, it's hard to imagine the virus NOT exploding when schools open back up. Seems like a perfect place for it to spread to me, but what do know.
Perhaps the CDC would be a good place to start. And that's why they were invited to testify. The question is why are they being blocked?

Foldem

WKR
@durangobrad since you don’t have your mind made up here’s some light Sunday reading for you regarding efficacy of mask wearing:

Status
Not open for further replies.