What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I will because I see Trump either through sheer incompetence or planned malice is actively undermining everything our country stands for. This election is like picking between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich.

Which is pathetic in itself, but that's the hand we got dealt by our shitty elected representatives.

What exactly has he undermined? I’m curious to know truly.

I also question those leaders also as we are still in a war we will never win, that these leaders still want. That’s not good leadership to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this is not the republican party of old either. I think we all need to wake up and get rid of 99% of these people in government. They ARE ALL in the pockets of big corporations and donors.

We agree here. And then make it illegal to take donations from large corporations etc. personally I think we should get rid of the party system all together and force people to run just on their stances ideas etc. it would force people to actually listen and not vote just party line. No it wouldn’t happen over night and would take years for that idea to fully implement and develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
My opinion on that I don’t look to the government for solutions to every little problem. When it all settles I don’t believe this will be worse then any new strain of flu that goes around and we will have lost freedom because of the government involvement.

Americans used to make their own decisions and not look to the government to fix everything. It doesn’t matter who you vote for if you’re depending on the government for solutions.

People say it’s safe for everyone if you do this or that, it’s even becoming mandatory. They say what business can be open or operate with no logical reason between one business or another. The government decides who’s “essential”.

It’s similar to every argument when they try to take freedom and increase government. Who needs high capacity magazines? It’s racist. If you have nothing to hide why can’t we look in your car? It’s for the greater good to shut down ma and pa but not target or Home Depot and you all have to wear masks.

If you’re not offended by the government intervention the only question I have is what happens when they come to take a freedom you value? Will anyone be left to stand with you?

Cmaxlewis

FNG
I can tell you as a physician working in Colorado this virus is somewhere around 3-5x worse than the worst flu season we’ve had in a long time. I’ve seen a lot of people die from it, and not just old people. We had a 21 year old college baseball player who was perfectly healthy with zero underlying conditions die from Covid. Try to stay safe out there.

NDGuy

WKR
So, if the HHS data does not look manipulated, but comes out faster with the streamlining/reorganization and in an improved format
I got a bridge or two to sell you..

In all seriousness, if positive things come from it then great. I just posted the article I didn't have much of a personal take on it really. I do find a bit suspicious that the FED just now wants to control the flow of data when cases are exploding every day and painting the administration in a poor light.

Just curious, did you two do the due diligence to read the article beyond the arguably biased headline? Even this article notes that the info is still going to Health & Human Services but will be streamlined, and the CDC will be linked in to make it public, since that is their actual job within the dept.

Additionally, yes there are plenty of sites compiling the data directly from the states that is a quick internet search away, so that will be a neat trick if one Washington bureaucrat higher up the food chain in Health and Human Services will be able to politicize the information more than another bureaucrat, while somehow also hiding it all from those outside groups compiling the state data directly as well. Oh bother.

So, if the HHS data does not look manipulated, but comes out faster with the streamlining/reorganization and in an improved format (streamlining which we know historically rarely happens with govt ever, especially with the past few administrations), then I hope you guys are all the first to congratulate the administration on being proactive.

We have so many real life living bots, that the difference between them and computers would be hard to differentiate likely. It looks like the main researcher has noted disinformation all around from bots with respect to the Covid-19 topic. It is hard to get more manipulative than Google though as seen in research as well, but many people don't seem to mind that.

You betcha I read the whole article Mike.

It just seems like the Center-For-Disease-Control and Prevention is probably the agency best suited to control the COVID data from what I've learned about the agency and how it has historically functioned, but I'm no medical expert so I digress.

A few snippets that really stuck out to me from a similar article:
(https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...you-to-know-how-bad-the-coronavirus-crisis-is)

Trump administration officials, such as HHS spokesperson Michael Caputo, on the other hand, said that the CDC’s system wasn’t working well enough.

“Today, the CDC still has at least a week lag in reporting hospital data,” Caputo told the Times. “The new, faster, and complete data system is what our nation needs to defeat the coronavirus, and the CDC, an operating division of HHS, will certainly participate in this streamlined all-of-government response. They will simply no longer control it.”

But public health experts aren’t buying that explanation. “Centralizing control of all data under the umbrella of an inherently political apparatus is dangerous and breeds distrust,” former Obama administration health official Dr. Nicole Lurie told the Times. “It appears to cut off the ability of agencies like CDC to do its basic job.”

“The under-reporting of #COVID19 is about to get a lot worse and much less transparent,” Dr. Alison Galvani, a Yale epidemiologist and the director of the school’s Center for Infectious Disease Modeling and Analysis (CIDMA), said in response to the news.

Rather than use the CDC’s system, the new data will be reported to TeleTracking, a private Pittsburgh-based firm which in April was awarded a $10.2 million no-bid contract to “to provide the Department of Health and Human Services with COVID-19 rapid deployment plan for real-time healthcare system capacity reporting.”

In summary, this move has all the potential to take data that historically always would have been sent to / analyzed / processed / controlled chiefly by the agency put in place to specifically address this type of problem, and instead the data is moving into the hands of political players heading the Ministry of Truth.

NDGuy

WKR
Rather than use the CDC’s system, the new data will be reported to TeleTracking, a private Pittsburgh-based firm which in April was awarded a $10.2 million no-bid contract to “to provide the Department of Health and Human Services with COVID-19 rapid deployment plan for real-time healthcare system capacity reporting.”
I wonder if anybody in the administration has ties to Teletracking? Probably similar to the GOP guy with zero experience at USPS being assigned as the Postmaster General. Also, Louis Dejoy recently received a 700 million dollar Emergency Loan from the US treasury for his trucking company valued at 70 million.

KurtR

WKR
After 950 contestants and three nights of tent dances and parties I thought my town would have a rise in cases. Well so far we are at 0. After the huge party at Mt Rushmore I thought the state would see a huge increase well not yet. It’s odd as deadly and contagious as this is I still know no one who has had it. Know a couple people who died of heart attacks last week though

After 950 contestants and three nights of tent dances and parties I thought my town would have a rise in cases. Well so far we are at 0. After the huge party at Mt Rushmore I thought the state would see a huge increase well not yet. It’s odd as deadly and contagious as this is I still know no one who has had it. Know a couple people who died of heart attacks last week though
I also haven't gotten it yet, it's probably a hoax.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
I also haven't gotten it yet, it's probably a hoax.

I live in a town of 3000 I would have thought over the fourth with all the out of town people here some one would catch. It’s super contagious and deadly and people where in a tent drinking with loud music slobbering particles all over. It blows my mind with all the death happening we are experiencing none of it

Mike7

WKR
I wonder if anybody in the administration has ties to Teletracking? Probably similar to the GOP guy with zero experience at USPS being assigned as the Postmaster General. Also, Louis Dejoy recently received a 700 million dollar Emergency Loan from the US treasury for his trucking company valued at 70 million.

Seems to already be some problems with data collection and utilization at both the state and fed level. The typical govt solution of do nothing to try to fix it when recognized has been tried before. Maybe consider something new?

Seems to already be some problems with data collection and utilization at both the state and fed level. The typical govt solution of do nothing to try to fix it when recognized has been tried before. Maybe consider something new?

I wouldn't trust that source.
044656538f2748cd5328397d62b2008a.jpg

https://www.mcgill-toolen.org › ...PDF
False, Misleading, Clickbait-y, and Satirical “News” Sources

Mike7

WKR
I wouldn't trust that source.
044656538f2748cd5328397d62b2008a.jpg

https://www.mcgill-toolen.org › ...PDF
False, Misleading, Clickbait-y, and Satirical “News” Sources

I figured that you wouldn't. You must realize though that any constitutionalist is the far out right nowadays.

I didn't notice whole a lot of writer opinion in this story. So the important question should be, was anyone miss quoted in this particular story? Was there a factual misrepresentation of what this local news affiliate reported or these officials stated?

Stories like this just won't be reported in the echo chamber that is most mainstream media. Some libertarians, liberals, and conservatives like to dip in an out of the echo chamber rather than staying there forever, which helps foster independent thought.

eamyrick

WKR

I doubt my 6 year old will get to go to in class first grade this fall. The insanity continues.

Attachments

• F8A2F287-8D13-44BA-9649-752D8BF31BD9.png
    F8A2F287-8D13-44BA-9649-752D8BF31BD9.png
    504.9 KB · Views: 52

I doubt my 6 year old will get to go to in class first grade this fall. The insanity continues.
With a better plan in place, i think in person school would be an option. But the current way of let it run its course / delayed test results that lead to extremely delayed contact tracing, we are just asking for big outbreaks.

It's not about the kids getting sick from it. It's the impacts it will have from them spreading it.

Edit to add:. The science exist to be testing more frequently. The ability to test and recognize when people are shedding the viral load by the billions is key. Not getting their results back 7 days later.

Michael Mina joins TWiV to reveal why frequent and rapid SARS-CoV-2 testing is more important than accuracy, how a daily $1 rapid test could control the pandemic, and why group testing works.

Last edited:

NDGuy

WKR
It's not about the kids getting sick from it. It's the impacts it will have from them spreading it.
And the fact we still don't know the long term repercussions of getting this disease. Will it cause heart, brain or other issues down the road for these kids? Just powering through it is not the right course of action. Things have to open and continue but we cannot do so without being smart about it. We need a unified response but instead, everyone is fighting over masks.

Let's pray to God for our kids that this bug doesn't have long term implications for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.