Wet Wipes

So you guys are using these things to constantly clean your latrine?

I must be a combination of uninformed, tough or lucky. I go with toilet paper and that's it....at least until bath/hygiene time. There's very little chance I would take the time or trouble to use a wet-ish wipe to swab the poop deck while searching for game. And I also always burn my t-p post plop, so nothing left around to be seen while biodegrading.

I do like body wipes for general bathing and hygiene in cold weather. I often bring the No Rinse Body Wipes with me. I place a package of them in a pan of hot water to warm them....then open up and get to work. But little wipes for the dark zones every day?.....foreign idea to me.

Randle

WKR

I must be a combination of uninformed, tough or lucky. I go with toilet paper and that's it....at least until bath/hygiene time. There's very little chance I would take the time or trouble to use a wet-ish wipe to swab the poop deck while searching for game. And I also always burn my t-p post plop, so nothing left around to be seen while biodegrading.

I do like body wipes for general bathing and hygiene in cold weather. I often bring the No Rinse Body Wipes with me. I place a package of them in a pan of hot water to warm them....then open up and get to work. But little wipes for the dark zones every day?.....foreign idea to me.
I find it keeps me clean as I go thru the days of hunting. I dig a hole with a stick or boot heel , do your job, cover with excavated dirt. A wet flushable wipe is to great to leave home without.
As to drying them out, to me it kind of defeats the purpose. midhike business would require water. Wheres it coming from ...my pack, which means still packing the weight. Plus wasting drinking water. I would save weight elsewhere.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR

Wet wipes are a game changer for the nether regions. A buddy put it to me like this:

If you got some sh*t on your arm, would you wipe it off with a dry towel and call it clean?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
toilet paper doesn't work really well in the backcountry in my experience, I've long ago gone to the blue shop paper towels- cut into appropriate size squares and put in a ziplock- they don't shred or come apart and you can wet them with water or snow and still don't tear. You'll use far less squares (and much more effective) that the weight is pretty even steven

I do carry wet wipes for additional cleaning or a "shower" if needed, but not very many

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered...thanks!
I will have to give these a try. I have been using a similar product called GO Towels but they are quite a bit more. Those compressed towels are making me soft though. When I am boiling my coffee and oatmeal water in the morning I dip the towel in the hot water and when it expands I clean my face and get the sleep out of my eyes. A little creature comfort and save the towel for later use in the day.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
But little wipes for the dark zones every day?.....foreign idea to me.

I never did like carrying a roll of TP around with me. So when my oldest daughter was born back in the 90's, and baby wipes came on the scene in our house........the light bulb went on immediately. Been using them ever since. Never could have imagined that having a baby could actually add something to my hunting experience in a positive way. TP gone......1/2" thick stack of baby wipes in a ziplock in my pack in its place.(y)

Can’t beat a good high quality paper towel (Brawny is decent) that replaces TP for back pack hunting. One sheet will provide 3 or 4 good swipes if folded correctly. Followed up by a nice wet wipe...I prefer the Johnson’s baby wipes in the square yellow pack (30 wipes I think) as they fit in the front waist belt pocket on the Kifaru. Start in on your face, then the belly button, crotch and finish up with cleaning your butt. Not as good as a shower but keeps everything working properly on a long hunt.

Does anyone sell dehydrated wipes or do you just use any and let them dry out? Any issue with dehydrating/re-hydrating them later?
Just separate the pack into a few piles and let them sit out for a couple weeks. Then rehydrate them in a sandwich bag a few a day as needed.

Mosby

WKR
I pack in the Wet Wipes for sensitive skin. They are always in my pack. They have a green label and are fragrance free. Besides the obvious, I use them to clean my hands before I filter water, cook or eat. I really want to keep my water filter and cook kit clean.

I also always keep regular Wet Wipes in the front of my truck. I use them to clean my hands after pumping fuel, before I eat in camp or I start messing with my equipment. I always put on sun block and wipe my hands before I leave my truck for the day.

When you can't shower or wash up daily, I think keeping your hands and equipment clean is really important. Wet Wipes or equal make it simple.

MtnMuley

WKR
Whatever brand you choose and if you decide to or not to dehydrate, make sure you don't accidentally grab the baby powder fresh ones. Nothing like following a buddy around archery elk hunting that smells like a baby's diaper.

RyanCmns

WKR
I take a full pack I open them up waaay before the trip in and let them dry out then wet them as needed saves the weight!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tailz190

FNG
No one else is using the French wipe? You only need one square of toilet paper. First, fold it over two times so it's a smaller square. At the corner pluck out just a tiny bit of material and save for later. When you unfold it you'll see your original square now has a little hole in the middle. Put your finger in that hole and wipe with your finger. Then use your off hand to slide the toilet paper up your finger to remove the mess. Now, remember that little speck of material? That's for picking out the bits under your fingernail. This will save you a ton of weight with very little downside.

Haha the first time I’ve heard this technique was from a scoutmaster when I was a kid lol thought he made it up to gross us out turns out his story was legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk