Western Washington Training Hike

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
One to thing to think about is that these hikes are a great way to check out gear. Just today between Justin, Scott & I we had a Nomad, T1 & an EMRII plus a bikini & duplex frame. Also the new guide lid. I have the AMR I can bring too.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
How does a Feb. 7th hike at either Si or Mailbox (pending road opening) sound?

Jackelope

Lil-Rokslider
I have to work that day. You guys are obviously welcome to go without me but I'm out that day. I work every 3rd saturday.

bccrover

FNG
Pretty new around here. Just got back into hunting last season after a 7 year gap. Forgot how much I love it! I'm currently saving up some pennies for a new pack but have my old stuff. I'm in North Bend and would love to meet up with this crew sometime. Need to get a jump on getting ready for my first backpack hunt next September!
Hope you guys are ok with slow and out of shape???

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could likely do that. Early? It'll probably take you guys a little bit to get up there but it does get crowded on Mt. Si at times.
I'd like to be there around 7:30 - 8:00. Get stretched and take off before the mass amount of "adventure seekers" show up from seattle for their instagram photo opportunities :)
Pretty new around here. Just got back into hunting last season after a 7 year gap. Forgot how much I love it! I'm currently saving up some pennies for a new pack but have my old stuff. I'm in North Bend and would love to meet up with this crew sometime. Need to get a jump on getting ready for my first backpack hunt next September!
Hope you guys are ok with slow and out of shape???
Absolutely, hopefully you can make it!

Jackelope

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds good, Brock. Last time I was up it, I hit the parking lot at 6:30 and I was the 1st one there. 7:30-8 should be good I assume, given it's winter. Should reduce the trail traffic a little bit.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sunday Feb 8th @ 7:30 A.M. Mt. Si. I will probably have a 50lb sand bag.

Hopefully we can get a good group together.

MLHSN

Lil-Rokslider
I see it's on a Sunday, my only day off. Is there free beer at the finish?