Western Hunt Expo ---> who is going?

Ucsdryder

WKR
I had a great time. The highlights for me…

-kifaru / Viking Armament - Kifarus new frame and bag is a head turner. Jeremiah, the gunsmith for VA, is the type of guy you’d share hunt camp with.

Exo - The k4 is a really sweet frame. Being able to fondle packs with 60 pounds in them helps.

Hoyt - I wasn’t planning on shooting any bows but I ended up shooting the rx8. Wow…it is DEAD. 2000 is a tough pill to swallow but it might be in a league of its own at this point.

Havalon - I bought a 50 pack of blades, I haven’t been able to find a 50 pack in 3 years.

Rokstok - I saw it with own eyes. I was too star stuck to go up to @Ryan Avery , but I did see it with my own 2 eyes. I was even close enough to see it had texturing.

@robby denning, it was great meeting you in person finally. Thank you for the introduction! I’m excited.

Racks - the amount of 380” bulls and 200” bucks was almost unbelievable. It could really give a guy a complex! 😂

IMG_1056.jpeg

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR

-kifaru / Viking Armament - Kifarus new frame and bag is a head turner.

Exo - The k4 is a really sweet frame. Being able to fondle packs with 60 pounds in them helps.

Hoyt - I wasn’t planning on shooting any bows but I ended up shooting the rx8. Wow…it is DEAD. 2000 is a tough pill to swallow but it might be in a league of its own at this point.

I ended up buying a K4 after trying both again. I think it would have been a coin flip with more lift from the Ark.

I told you those Hoyt bows were nice! I'm certain the AlphaX is an equal substitute if you want to stay in the realm of more budget friendly. They are fast too.

Day 2 highlights for me...
-Alpen Fuel has three gluten free trail cookies that are new.
-Outdoor Vision has Kowa 88 stay on cases
-There's been a boom in folks accessing overseas manufacturing for clothing, tents, etc., and jumping in.
-I talked to a handful of USA made textile companies that were short more than several models or products simply because they couldn't produce.
PXL_20240216_174114974.jpg

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
Ah yes! The OV stay on case for the kowa was really nice!!!

I don’t think a person could go wrong with either the k4 or the ark. I am drawn to the new kifaru ultra lite bag though! It checked a lot of boxes!

svivian

WKR
Ah yes! The OV stay on case for the kowa was really nice!!!

I don’t think a person could go wrong with either the k4 or the ark. I am drawn to the new kifaru ultra lite bag though! It checked a lot of boxes!
What about the hobo bag… did you pick one up while you were there?!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

-kifaru / Viking Armament - Kifarus new frame and bag is a head turner. Jeremiah, the gunsmith for VA, is the type of guy you’d share hunt camp with.

Havalon - I bought a 50 pack of blades, I haven’t been able to find a 50 pack in 3 years.

Rokstok - I saw it with own eyes. I was too star stuck to go up to @Ryan Avery , but I did see it with my own 2 eyes. I was even close enough to see it had texturing.

@robby denning, it was great meeting you in person finally. Thank you for the introduction! I’m excited.

Racks - the amount of 380” bulls and 200” bucks was almost unbelievable. It could really give a guy a complex! 😂

View attachment 674607
You too. Can’t wait to see how the Kifaru vs Kifaru shakes out.

Ucsdryder

WKR
What about the hobo bag… did you pick one up while you were there?!
Nope none were seen. But I’m not going to lie, every time I saw a bag being given away I thought, “oh a new grocery bag!” I was like a pack rat, all my pockets were full of grocery bags! Amazing how much I miss the little plastic bags when going to the store. 😂

I am drawn to the new kifaru ultra lite bag though! It checked a lot of boxes!
Like what boxes?

To add, I have never liked the Kifaru bags other that the DT1 and 2. I like a bag with some external pockets to organize gear I want to reach as well as side pockets for spotting scope and tripod. I also want a lid with a pocket or two. I also like an internal pocket or 2 for things. I like these things as part of the pack without having to add more pouches/weight. This is the reason I have a Kuiu bag on my Kifaru frame.

I have an older frame and have been thinking of upgrading. The K4 is at the top of my list I think due to the bag. The ARK has my interest because I am assuming I can put my modified Kuiu bag on it.

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
Like what boxes?
Noise, especially in freezing conditions
Waterproofness
Weight
Durability
Longevity (vs previous KU material they used)

I started the “does cordura suck” thread for a reason. Some pack companies are starting to go away from cordura for newer, lighter materials. On paper, for most hunters, these newer materials SEEM superior.

It looks like I’m going to get a chance to test the new ark frame against the old duplex frame, and hopefully do a side by side comparison of the ultra bag vs the cordura style bag.

New mark4hd and freedom rds 1x “muzzy scope”

033915280e22475cd35fd55cb077685d.jpg

69ebe0358fed9b0cdca2fbc9ffa8f7b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that 1x optic new or the same one they have had out?

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Behind harness holster. He makes them for most harnesses and pistols.
Venandi holsters located in badlands booth
d22baf8c56bcee20f32721d327548bbd.jpg

607de216f4b4576b0bf0dcbff949d139.jpg

9cdb8588ff4c0b833eb8dd5455eee8ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Just shot and had to buy the Hoyt Rx8 carbon. Big shout out to Tito at Wilde Arrow Archery for finding me a 80# er to shoot. They let me shoot every model and happily adjusted each bow for my DL, good dude.

The bow was very smooth and 80 didn’t feel like 80. My other bows are around 72 and this “felt” like 75

Attachments

• IMG_1776.jpeg
    IMG_1776.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1781.jpeg
    IMG_1781.jpeg
    498.5 KB · Views: 73

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just shot and had to buy the Hoyt Rx8 carbon. Big shout out to Tito at Wilde Arrow Archery for finding me a 80# er to shoot. They let me shoot every model and happily adjusted each bow for my DL, good dude.

The bow was very smooth and 80 didn’t feel like 80. My other bows are around 72 and this “felt” like 75
That’s the great thing about the show as you can actually try stuff. The expo is the super Wal-mart of hunting.