Western Hunt Expo ---> who is going?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Actual quote from Robby on Friday morning while finished a bag-
“I ate two bags yesterday, I’m limiting myself to one bag today”

2:00- eating another bag

5:30, after his seminar- finishing another bag (but he shared with us)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
this feels like an intervention, but I can explain this!

I did only buy one bag....then Travis from NRL gave me a large bag he couldn't finish. (It was his fault.). The 530 bag was the same bag from 2:00.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Here are some videos from today-
I wish you would have asked Kryptek why they used fake fur for the ruff on that $700 Arctic jacket. No reason a hunting company shouldn't be using real fur on their gear.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Travis Hobbs, member and co-host on the Rokcast won the Conservation Person of the Year!

3de47982c1ca681ff54ea5ba38d6596c.jpg

This was for spearheading the northern Utah Deer feeding operation last year, and his follow up with making sure the data got published on the survival rates of those deer. Someone finally showed that you can feed deer in the winter and make a difference. Yeah, we will continue to argue the expense and the logistics of it all, but he (and a bunch of other selfless volunteers, of course) moved the needle. (fun fact, Travis is a Non-resident to Utah)

It was a complete surprise to him too. He had no idea this was coming. Good on him! Good work, Travis!

(Now about that mule-kicker hat…)

@Travis Hobbs

Travis Hobbs, member and co-host on the Rokcast won the Conservation Person of the Year!

This was for spearheading, the northern Utah Deer feeding operation last year, and his follow up with making sure the data got published on the survival rates of those deer. Someone finally showed that you can feed deer in the winter and make a difference. Yeah, we will continue to argue the expense and the logistics of it all, but he (and a bunch of other selfless volunteers, of course) moved the needle. (fun fact, Travis is a Non-resident to Utah)

It was a complete surprise to him too. He had no idea this was coming. Good on him! Good work, Travis!

@Travis Hobbs

Hahaha definitely a surprise. One minute I’m feeding my face, next thing I know I’m standing in front of a couple thousand people receiving an award.

A lot of work went into the feed study by a lot of solid people. It was awesome to see an idea of mine get implemented in 5 days time to answer a lot of questions.

hunterjmj

WKR
We were sitting around today wondering how much money the expo brings to Salt Lake City besides the expo itself. We stayed at the Regency this year for 3 nights, ate out, bought stuff at the mall, spent a day in Park City, bought gas, chew and snacks. I'm not sure how many attend that are out of town or from a different state but it must be significant. I was in the bear hunting seminar and out of staters out numbered Utahans. Is there anywhere this info could be found??

We were sitting around today wondering how much money the expo brings to Salt Lake City besides the expo itself. We stayed at the Regency this year for 3 nights, ate out, bought stuff at the mall, spent a day in Park City, bought gas, chew and snacks. I'm not sure how many attend that are out of town or from a different state but it must be significant. I was in the bear hunting seminar and out of staters out numbered Utahans. Is there anywhere this info could be found??
I would imagine the city publishes tax revenue numbers monthly or yearly broke down by month. A call to the city hall could probably get it broke down even more for the weekend of the expo

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

This was for spearheading the northern Utah Deer feeding operation last year, and his follow up with making sure the data got published on the survival rates of those deer. Someone finally showed that you can feed deer in the winter and make a difference. Yeah, we will continue to argue the expense and the logistics of it all, but he (and a bunch of other selfless volunteers, of course) moved the needle. (fun fact, Travis is a Non-resident to Utah)

@Travis Hobbs

Congrats Travis...

Where can I get one of those hats??

It would be really interesting to find out.

At Sheep Camp, I believe 10/13 tags went out of the state of Utah, and I really think it was like almost every western state 🤣