Welcome FORLOH—American Made Gear Co.

92xj

WKR
As a follow-up for my issue with not liking the short length of velcro on the cuff...

I have my jacket back in hand and am impressed with the quality of work. I am glad I sent it back to Forloh instead of going somewhere local. They actually took the cuff/sleeve apart to sew on the longer piece of Velcro so there is no stitching on the inside of the cuff since this area is two layers. Super nice and clean work.
Once this additional becomes standard on the jacket, I will purchase another one in a solid color for everyday wear when needed.

On a side note, I did wear the jacket this weekend in PacNW rainforest that was accompanied by rain showers. For a softshell and not titled as a rain jacket, I am impressed. The jacket kept me 100% dry, even after hours of being in the rain while hiking and camping. I have been tempted many times to buy their rain jacket, but keep holding off since the softshell continues to work so dang good in the rain.

Does anyone on the Rokstaff etc have this rain gear in hand to test?

I'm in the market for heavy-duty wear all day rain gear and want to support American and the little guy.
But its hard to take a chance when the proven kuiu Yukon is the same price.

92xj

WKR
I feel like I have seen someone on Social Media do a rain test with their rain jacket. Put on the jacket, stood under a fireman who was on a ladder fire truck and proceeded to be pelted with water from the firehose for a length of time. Bruised shoulders but dry was the conclusion. I also thought I remember the person saying they asked FL, Sitka, SG, etc. if they would provide a rain jacket for the test and all declined. Hopefully this rings a bell for someone that has a link. Or maybe I made it all up or the person did, I am trying harder than normal at digging in the memory bank.

I'm in the market for heavy-duty wear all day rain gear and want to support American and the little guy.
I think you'll be impressed if you order a set, and they have free returns plus great customer service too. They have sales pretty often also. Im about to take my set and some other forloh pieces to hells canyon Thursday for 10 days, looks like it'll be put to the test based on the weather forecast lol

I think you'll be impressed if you order a set, and they have free returns plus great customer service too. They have sales pretty often also. Im about to take my set and some other forloh pieces to hells canyon Thursday for 10 days, looks like it'll be put to the test based on the weather forecast lol
Sweet man let me know.

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider

I bought the rain jacekt back in March for the spring camping season here in Texas, and since then it hasnt rained once.

The quality is really good and, pretty eager to try it out so I echo what the other guys are saying. Plus it feels good to buy and wear something made in the states.

I can vouch for their down jacket, its like wearing a mini heater on your chest.

h2so4

WKR
Agreed on the down. I have the down vest and it is awesome. It fits well, the zipper is really nice. I know that sounds funny, but compared to my other jackets/ vest/ whatever- this zipper is smooth and easy to use.

Mojave

WKR
Not really feeling your camo patterns.

What is the deal with them?

Kind of like Navy Type III and Type II got jiggy with some Kuiu patterns.

92xj

WKR

Looks like @Ryan Avery is putting the rain gear, or at least the jacket to the test in northern Idaho rain storms right now. I’m hoping he has great things to say about the performance.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Looks like @Ryan Avery is putting the rain gear, or at least the jacket to the test in northern Idaho rain storms right now. I’m hoping he has great things to say about the performance.
I have the Airalite Jacket and pants. I used it the last couple of days clearing roads and putting out baits in Ark building weather in N.Idaho, so far so good. But I don't think the Exposed camo works well in the N. Idaho Jungle. Haha!

264E7388-6460-4487-93EE-EDE5E43E505A.jpeg

92xj

WKR
I have the Airalite Jacket and pants. I used it the last couple of days clearing roads and putting out baits in Ark building weather in N.Idaho, so far so good. But I don't think the Exposed camo works well in the N. Idaho Jungle. Haha!

View attachment 409327
Roger that. Keep us posted on how it holds it throughout your season. I’m headed to northern BC this fall and still haven’t decide on a true rain jacket and pant. Right now, my decision is this forloh setup or the grunden Neptune. I’m really hoping the forloh holds up to your Idaho standards as I’d like a set that somewhat breaths but in the end, I just want to stay dry from rain.

The Alclima Jacket was a solid jacket for me this last season. I used it as a rain/every day jacket this last year in Wyoming, like 100 plus days, and it was great. Have a warranty claim on some small issues that I'm positive will be handled flawlessly. Recommended to everyone.

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Made it up to Forloh this past Sunday from Colorado and checked out the gear for a bit. Quality all around and great folks. Great to see the made in the USA throughout the product line. Will definitely consider Forloh for my next piece of gear. Keep up the good work.

coleman

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a pair of their insect shield pants and hoody to try out. Looking forward to using them. Nice and light weight. I’m wondering when you guys are gonna release
Some gloves? Cheers

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Made it up to Forloh this past Sunday from Colorado and checked out the gear for a bit. Quality all around and great folks. Great to see the made in the USA throughout the product line. Will definitely consider Forloh for my next piece of gear. Keep up the good work.
Thank you for coming to see us! We hope that you had a great experience and that our staff was able to answer any questions that you had. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team if you have any questions! :)

-Hannah

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I picked up a pair of their insect shield pants and hoody to try out. Looking forward to using them. Nice and light weight. I’m wondering when you guys are gonna release
Some gloves? CheersP

Our insect shield line has been a hit. Please let us know how you like it, and send us some photos out in the field!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I do have a suggestion for the Airalite pants. The zipper needs to me about three inches longer. Very hard to get off with boots on. I do love the inner thigh vents though.

e57e1b5f90a0416e9dd475966e3bfc43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I do have a suggestion for the Airalite pants. The zipper needs to me about three inches longer. Very hard to get off with boots on. I do love the inner thigh vents though.

e57e1b5f90a0416e9dd475966e3bfc43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you for the feedback! I will pass this info along to our design team.

Hannah