Webinar Reminder! (Tomorrow 7 p.m.)

ElkNut1

WKR
Just a friendly reminder that the next Elk Calling/Instruction Webinar will be at 7 p.m. tomorrow evening! Elk season will be upon us quickly & we could all use every bit of info we can get to be well prepared for our once a year Elk Fix! (Grin) Hopefully everyone is ready for Round ll ----- Thanks!
If you are not yet registered here's the link to do so!

The Webinar is today July 23rd 7 p.m. , just avoiding confusion, thanks!

https://event.webinarjam.com/register/7/qy3v9cw

ElkNut/PaulVet Jerry Bull 2018.JPEG2018 bull OTC!.JPG

Last edited:

Voyageur

WKR
Looking forward to it, Paul. Round 1 was great.
Just to be certain: The webinar starts at 7 pm Mountain time....correct?

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Thanks guys! We're already getting a full house again so should be fun! Remember, if you have questions Tayler will receive them & we'll do our best to respond to them Live! Yes, 7 pm Mountain Time Zone!

fmyth, yes, you will have to contact Tayler & let him know, he can send you a link if you couldn't attend, Here's his email -- [email protected]

You should receive your Links prior to the Webinar just like last time. Not sure how long in advance but you'll have plenty of time, thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

Yooper

WKR
Missed the first one but will NOT be missing this one! I still find myself listening to any and all of the older podcasts you've been on Paul. Thanks for doing this!

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Yes, once you are registered you will sent a link prior to the Start. You can open & watch it when ever you'd like! If for some reason it expires let me know & I'll get you hooked up! Thanks guys!

ElkNut/Paul

Noklok

FNG
I’m in. Can’t wait. I’m meeting with my cuz tonight to check his bow and escout. This should be the perfect end to the evening.

TX_Diver

WKR
I'm in. Not sure I'll be able to watch live though.

My questions would be:
1 - Strategies for solo hunters the 4th week of September this year (9/19 to 9/26 - Southern WY general tag in what's likely a very heavily hunted unit w/ lots of roads). I'll be there 9/1 to 9/5 also but it sounds like I missed that webinar.

2 - Decoy usage (I have a killer gear elk fan). Had good luck with a decoy on a guided hunt a few years ago but obviously the use is situation dependent.

may add one more later.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
TX_Diver, Solo Tactics don't change regardless what portion of the Rut you are hunting! Too, there's not much difference in hunting Solo or Tag Team when it comes to calling tactics, basically you are entertaining both roles as a solo guy! No doubt situations arise where you will need to Call & Move forward & other times it's the opposite. Other times a bull calls you to him! Key is understanding his/her change of emotion or tone, that's what sets the stage! -- Of course an ambush could be in order as well, situational! If you have the ElkNut Mobile App, this info & much more is on it! It also will answer nearly every question you may have, you just need to go over it to learn; not just read it! (grin)

Decoys can have their place, but from my years in the field I honestly don't put much stock in them. I don't try to call pressured elk while in the open & when I do attempt to work them I make sure I have plenty of cover & the wind in my favor before proceeding! I stay patient & await my opportunities to before I call or do anything that may blow the encounter. I honestly feel hunters blow more encounters thinking they can get away with unneeded movement & force a situation just because they may behind a decoy, in most instances they do not succeed, they may get close but not close enough is simply not good enough! Thanks!

ElkNut

Voyageur

WKR
Last night's webinar was excellent. Am looking forward to the next one on August 20.
Thanks, Paul, for so freely sharing such quality information.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Thanks guys! Hell ya it was great!!! I enjoyed the heck out of the support & all the questions. I know there were countless others but only so much time to cover them. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did! (grin) Thanks again!

ElkNut/Paul

Wapiti1

WKR
Great info last night. It's funny, I have heard Paul talk about most all of it before, but every time I hear it the puzzle gets a little clearer.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Jeremy