Sold Weatherby Vanguard Kampfeld B&C .257 Wby Magnum – Mint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I’m basically testing the waters with this rifle. I’ve found something else I’d like to own, but this one is hard to let go. It’s a stainless Weatherby Vanguard in .257 Wby Magnum. The barreled action is bedded in a Bell & Carlson stock that’s been expertly painted by John Blake in dark olive base with black, silver and gold webbing. The barreled action was sent to Karl Kampfeld where he spiral-fluted the barrel and ceramic bead blasted the stainless finish.

The specs:
13-5/8” LOP
24” spiral-fluted barrel, .620” diameter at the muzzle, factory twist
44-1/2” overall length
Bare rifle weighs 7 lbs. 3 oz.
The OEM 2-stage trigger has been tuned to 2 lbs 5 oz. with zero creep.

I sighted it in last weekend using Weatherby brand Barnes 100gr TTSX factory ammo. After getting it on paper, I fired one 3-shot group at .727”. I do not know the round count, but I have no doubt this will be a half-MOA shooter with handloads and a more capable operator. I really like the 2-stage trigger. It takes near 0 effort to get to the 2nd stage, and then breaks extremely crisp with no creep.

The finish is almost perfect. There is one tiny 1/8” hairline mark on the floorplate. The rifle looks brand new otherwise. John’s paint job looks amazing. Overall, this rifle presents very well. There are NO disappointments here. The Meopta R1 scope is not included, but I will include the Talley Lightweight 30mm scope rings.

$1,095 $1,050 $925 shipped to your FFL from an individual with ID enclosed. This will be cross-posted so first public “I’ll Take It” prevails. Drop me a PM if you have any questions or need more photos. Thanks for looking! I'll post more pics when someone replies to the thread.

Keith

IMG_9087.jpgIMG_9099.jpgIMG_9088.jpgIMG_9089.jpgIMG_9090.jpgIMG_9093.jpgIMG_9095.jpgIMG_9102.jpgIMG_9103.jpgIMG_9105.jpg

Last edited:
OP
R

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
$975 shipped and I'll throw in the ammo. You need this!

I know most folks aren't very concerned about build cost, but if you could find the base Vanguard in stainless for $800, you would have $1,675 spent to build this rifle. Helluva deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.